EPFL Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, College of Humanities
Postdoctoral researcher, History of science and technology
|Institution Type:||College / University|
The Laboratory for the History of Science and Technology (LHST) at EPFL invites applications for one full-time postdoc position in the History of Science and Technology. The successful candidate will develop her/his own research project in the history of the mathematical, physical and natural sciences, the history of engineering and/or the history of technology in the modern period (1750 to today).
- Applicants should hold a PhD degree in the humanities or social sciences relevant to research in the history of science and technology.
- Fluent English; French and/or German an asset.
- Interest in working in a multidisciplinary, international environment.
- Candidates of all nationalities are invited to apply; applications from women are especially welcome.
What we offer:
- LHST is a young and dynamic lab with an interdisciplinary perspective (history, history of science and technology, STS, anthropology) and an interest in experimenting with innovative methods in the digital humanities. The lab hosts a rich collection of historical scientific instruments.
- EPFL provides an excellent and stimulating research and teaching environment as well as a dynamic and lively international campus with a vibrant student life.
- Located on Lake Geneva, Lausanne is a picturesque city with various possibilities for recreational and cultural activities.
Starting date: Flexible. We expect to fill the position before Fall 2019.
Duration: 3 years.
Terms of employment: Fixed-term at 100% work rate. EPFL offers internationally competitive salaries and generous research support.
Deadline for application: Review of applications will begin on April 30, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Contact: Applicants should submit, as a single PDF document: (i) a cover letter (explaining qualifications, accomplishments in research and teaching, and future research plans); (ii) a detailed curriculum vitae; (iii) a writing sample (article or dissertation chapter); (iv) a list of two references with full contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the position, please contact email@example.com.
|Primary Category:||History of Science, Medicine, and Technology