University of Connecticut - Storrs, Humanities Institute
Postdoctoral Research Associate
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Connecticut, United States|
The University of Connecticut Humanities Institute (UCHI) seeks to appoint a full-time Postdoctoral Research Associate for the purpose of managing its vibrant public presence and advance its programmatic goals. We are looking for an innovative and creative person committed to humanities research and activism to help build and refine UCHI’s message and mission to current and expanded audiences.
- Develops, designs, updates, and maintains all UCHI web presences. Maintains associated social media and calendars, including the creation of new content for these sites.
- Creates promotional material: Booklets, posters, flyers, PowerPoint presentations for talks and other events.
- Provides a framework and oversight for electronic communication from the Institute.
- Provides support for an active fellowship program and other UCHI events.
- Provides insight and guidance about branding and moving UCHI’s mission forward in public contexts.
- Records and edits audio material for podcasting.
- Maintains and develops content for all UCHI social media accounts.
- PhD or equivalent terminal degree in a humanities or arts-related field.
- Demonstrated experience with web graphic design, preferably in an academic or not-for-profit setting.
- Experience with WordPress, Adobe Products (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash), MS Office products in a PC and MAC environment (esp. Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel) and other software tools and/or comparable freeware substitutes.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative and problem-solve.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in the English language.
- Copyediting skill and experience.
- Currency and open communication in ongoing trends and developments related to position responsibilities.
- Video editing skills (using Premier Pro or other products).
- Acts independently in the performance of everyday tasks and responsibilities and works well in teams.
- A professional demeanor and flexibility.
- Ability and commitment to work in an interdisciplinary environment.
This is a full-time, twelve (12) month, appointment with a start date to be negotiated on or after July 1, 2019. Salary is competitive based on qualifications and experience. This appointment may be renewed annually based on performance and the needs of the Institute.
Go to the following page: https://hcmprodweb.psoft.uconn.edu/psp/HRPRCGA/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=2019361&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
Select “Apply Now” to be redirected to Academic Jobs Online to complete your application. Please submit the following: Personal statement describing how you meet minimum and preferred qualifications, current curriculum vitae, a writing sample, and the names and contact information for three references.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Review of applications with begin March 25, 2019; however, the position will remain open until filled.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search 2019361)
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.