Central Connecticut State University, History
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Connecticut, United States|
|Position:||Assistant Professor, Associate Professor|
~~Central Connecticut State University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position in American History, with a concentration in contemporary Latino/a/x History. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Puerto Rican and Latino History and contribute actively and effectively to student growth, service, and scholarship. This position will provide support for the Latino and Puerto Rican Studies Program. Candidates are expected to be committed to multiculturalism and to working with interdisciplinary ethnic studies programs and a diverse student body.
• Ph.D. in History, American Studies, Latino/a/x Studies, Urban Studies, Ethnic Studies, Cultural Studies, or related discipline (completion of Ph.D. required by June 01, 2019)
• Evidence of effective teaching
• Evidence of scholarly activity and achievement
• Commitment to serving a culturally diverse student body
• Commitment to and/or experience in community engagement and/or Public History
• College-level teaching experience
• Proficiency in Spanish
For full consideration, applications must be received by February 28, 2019. Salary and rank are commensurate with education and experience. Incomplete applications may not be considered. To begin the application process, go to www.ccsu.edu/jobs.
Central Connecticut State University is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Dr. John Tully
|Primary Category:||American History / Studies