University of Southern Denmark, Department of Design and Communication
Professor WSR in Library and Information Science
|Institution Type:||College / University|
The Department of Design and Communication at the University of Southern Denmark invites applications for a five-year position as professor with special responsibilities (WSR) in Library and Information Science. The position is placed at the Kolding campus of the University and is available from September 1st 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The Department of Design and Communication is a humanistic department with a strong interdisciplinary orientation which offers a broad range of study programs in the areas of communication, design, IT, information studies and tourism.
The successful applicant is expected to play an active role in the already established humanistic research and study environment at the department.
To fulfill the position, the successful applicant must:
- document original scientific output at an international level, which documents potential for further development of the academic field,
- document experience with interdisciplinary research and development,
- be able to provide leadership in relation to research and education or potential in this respect,
- have educational and supervisory experience as well as pedagogical competences for the purpose of contributing to research-based teaching at the highest level,
- have experience with applications for externally funded projects
- strengthen the profile within the research area of Library and Information Science, and have a clear and ambitious vision for the development hereof,
- establishment of research projects within Library and Information Science,
- initiate events within research and communication,
- contribute to the ongoing development of and teaching in the study programs in Library Science and Knowledge Communication,
- initiate fund raising - play an active role in securing external research funding to support the research activities of the department,
- strengthen the collaboration with external stakeholders.
Applicants are expected to submit a plan for the development of the scientific field of Library Science within the framework of the department. International staff is expected to be able to teach in Danish after a two-year period. For further information, please contact Per Krogh Hansen, Head of Department, firstname.lastname@example.org , tel. +45 6550 1451. If you are not a Danish speaking applicant, please make sure to enter the electronic application form via the English website in order to receive further information in English.
Application, salary, and conditions of employment etc.
The position involves a basic salary in accordance with the labour market agreement with AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations), plus a labour-market-agreement-related pension-qualifying supplement of DKK 176.830,74 (1st April 2016 level). To this must be added an annual pension-qualifying functional supplement of DKK 1.889,83 (1st April 2016 level) from the executive pool, thus bringing the total salary at the level of LR 37 (pay bracket 37). Moreover, a pension-qualifying executive supplement of DKK 52.935,93 (1st April 2016 level) is paid. Salaries are paid monthly in arrears. An application must include:
- Application letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Teaching portfolio (please see below)
- Research plan including documentatation for research management
- List of publications indicating the nine publications that are submitted
- A maximum of 9 of the most relevant publications. Please attach one pdf-file for each publication.
- For any publication with a co-author, a co-author statement must be submitted as part of the pdf-file.
Applicants for a professorship with specific responsibilities at the Faculty of Humanities are requested to submit a teaching portfolio with the application as documentation for teaching experience as well as supervision qualifications. Please read more here.
Application and all appendices must be in Danish, English or one of the Scandinavian languages. Please always include a copy of original diploma/certificates.
Please note that we only accept files in pdf-format no more than 10 MB per file. We do not accept zip-files, jpg or other image files. In case you have more than one file per field you need to combine the pdf-files into a single file, as each field handles only one file. All pdf-files must be unlocked and allow binding and may not be password protected.
Applications will be assessed by an assessment committee and the committee will assess whether you are qualified to be an Associate Professor. The committee may request additional information, and if so, it is the responsibility of the applicant to provide the necessary material.
When the assessment committee has submitted its report, the applicant will receive the part of the evaluation that concerns him/her. The assessment report will subsequently be forwarded to the Head of Department who will assemble an appointments committee. An interview may form part of the overall assessment of the applicants’ qualifications.
If the application does not meet the requirements mentioned above, the Faculty of Humanities may reject your application without further notice. Applications received after the deadline will neither be considered nor evaluated.
Shortlisting and tests may be used in the assessment process.
We recommend that as an international applicant you take the time to visit Working in Denmark where you will find information and facts about moving to, working and living in Denmark, as well as the International Staff Office at SDU. Applications should be sent electronically via the link “apply online”, and the Faculty expects applicants to read the information “How to apply” before applying. The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
- 1 March 2019
For further information, please contact Per Krogh Hansen, Head of Department, email@example.com , tel. +45 6550 1451.
|Primary Category:||Library and Information Science