Southern Utah University, History, Sociology, and Anthropology
US History Lecturer
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Utah, United States|
Southern Utah University (SUU) seeks applicants for a full time lecturer in American History, with preference given to candidates who also have teaching experience in
secondary education. This is a full-time, 9-month, non-tenure track position with opportunities for promotion. The desired start date is August 16, 2019. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. SUU offers excellent benefits.
Southern Utah University is an accredited, state-supported, master degree granting university with an enrollment of just over 10,000 students that regularly ranks in the Princeton Review’s list of best regional and best value colleges in the western United States. Located in Cedar City, Utah, SUU is surrounded by national parks, forests, and wilderness areas that draw millions of visitors from around the world, and is home to the Tony award winning Utah Shakespeare Festival.
1. Teaching general education American History survey courses at the college level.
2. Supervising student teachers majoring in History Education at local schools.
3. Supervising concurrent enrollment classes in American History offered by local high schools.
4. Teaching additional courses in the applicant’s area of specialization.
5. Design and revise curriculum as needed.
6. Service to department, university, and community, as well as participation in related professional organizations.
7. Other assignments as determined by the department chair and college dean.
Required Education, Training, and Skills:
1. Successful candidates will have a M.A. or Ph.D. in History at time of appointment.
2. Teaching experience in American History at the college level.
3. Previous teaching experience in history and/or social sciences at the secondary level is also desirable.
Individuals are asked to attach, electronically, the following required documents:
First consideration of applications will begin January 7, 2019; the position will remain open until filled. If you have questions or problems with the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 435-586-7754.
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any member of the University community on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services.
|Primary Category:||American History / Studies