University of South Florida - Sarasota, College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences - History
Tenure-Track Assistant Professor
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Florida, United States|
|Position:||Assistant Professor, Tenure Track Faculty|
We are seeking a tenure-track Assistant Professor whose primary research concerns any topic related to the history of the United States in the 19th century, but whose teaching experience and interests are sufficiently broad to offer upper-level courses in the history of the U.S. spanning more than one century. S/he will be joined by a senior colleague whose primary expertise is in the history of Europe, from ancient times through the 20th century. Moreover, s/he will be encouraged to engage in individually-designed projects with students in an established Honors program, and History students at USFSM have traditionally been among the best prepared and most dedicated students on this campus (a regional campus of the University of South Florida System, with, at this point, separate accreditation and budgeting). The teaching load is five courses per year, with opportunities for summer term teaching, participation on MA and Ph.D. committees.
1. Ph.D. degree in American History and/or American Studies
2. Experience teaching at the college level
1. A published monograph on a topic of 19th-century U.S. History
2. Experience teaching a variety of undergraduate courses in U.S. History
3. A record of scholarly publications and/or presentations
All Applicants must submit
· A letter describing one’s qualifications for the position and providing contact information for three references
· A curriculum vitae
Semi-finalists will be asked to submit
· A syllabus for an upper-level undergraduate course in U.S. History
· Sample(s) of published work
Finalists will be asked to submit
· Official graduate transcript(s)
Position is open until filled, but review of applications will begin on January 7, 2019.
Please submit application letter and C.V. to the USF online application system http://www.usf.edu/about-usf/work-at-usf.aspx
Search under location: USF Sarasota-Manatee, and find position number 19205.
Direct questions about the position to Dr. Jonathan Scott Perry, firstname.lastname@example.org, 941-359-4248.
|Primary Category:||American History / Studies