California State University - Dominguez Hills, Chicana and Chicano Studies
Assistant or Associate Professor of Chicana and Chicano Arts
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||California, United States|
|Position:||Assistant Professor, Associate Professor|
The Department of Chicana and Chicano Studies at California State University, dominguez Hills invites applications for a tenure-track assistant or associate professor of Chicana/o Arts and Humanities who specializes in visual, media, and/or performing arts.
The assistant or associate professor will engage in research and teaching on Chicana/o/x and/or Latina/o/x populations, and also may have professional experience as a practitioner or performer. Experience in arts-based civic engagement is preferred as is experience with arts and performance- based pedagogy that provides students with creative opportunities in the Chicana/o Studies curriculum. Experience in online and/or hybrid instruction is also preferred.
The assistant or associate professor involves students in his/her research, and is involved in communities beyond the university. The assistant or associate professor is also a dynamic teacher who is qualified to teach a variety of courses within the department’s curriculum as well as general education courses, and is committed to teaching the culturally diverse student body at CSU Dominguez Hills. Candidates with significant experience may be appointed at the Associated Professor level and offered service credit based on their professional achievements.
The Assistant or Associate Professor will assume a normal teaching load of four undergraduate courses per semester in both lower-division and upper-division courses, including courses in the General Education curriculum. The successful candidate will be expected to develop courses in his/her area of expertise. Excellence in teaching and research, including publication in area of expertise is expected and required. The Assistant Professor will also be responsible for student advising, and service to the university.
- Ph.D. in an Arts or Humanities field, or related discipline, with a specialization in Chicana/o/x or Latina/o/x visual, media, and/or performing arts; degree must be in hand by the time of appointment
- Evidence of or potential for successful and innovative teaching at the undergraduate level
- Evidence of a highly promising research agenda and commitment to ongoing research and scholarly activity
- Demonstrated ability to teach interdisciplinary lower and upper division courses within the Chicana/o Studies and general education curriculum and to develop new courses within area of expertise
- Experience in teaching undergraduatesfrom diverse age, socioeconomic, cultural, and academic backgrounds.
Preferred /Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated record of research and scholarly activity and/or creative activities
- Professional experience as an arts practitioner or performer
- Experience or potential to provide students opportunities in arts-based civic engagement
- Experience with online and/or hybrid instruction
- Experience in arts-based pedagogy that provides students with creative and artistic opportunities within the Chicana/o Studies curriculum
For complete application instructions, please visit: https://www.csudh.edu/hr/job-opportunities/index and search for Job Number 3429.
California State University, Dominguez Hills is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Marisela R. Chávez, Ph.D.
|Primary Category:||Chicana/o History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||Art / Art History
Ethnic History / Studies
Film and Film History
Theatre and History of Theatre