Saint Joseph's College, NY, History
Assistant Professor, Latin America
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
The Department of History at St. Joseph’s College NY, Patchogue campus, invites applications for a tenure-track position in Latin American history beginning August 2019. Specialization is open to all thematic areas and historical periods.
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- PhD in history or advanced ABD with defense scheduled by Summer 2019.
- Ability to teach survey courses in Latin American history (e.g. colonial Latin America and modern Latin America)
- Ability to develop and teach introductory survey courses in history beyond the United States and Europe including specific historical themes and concepts in global/world history
- Willingness to develop and teach online courses
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial graduate transcripts
- Sample syllabi
- Copies of student evaluations (if available)
- One writing sample (preferably an article or book/dissertation chapter)
- 3 confidential reference letters
Candidates should submit cover letter, C.V., sample syllabi, student evaluations, and writing sample in a single PDF document to email@example.com.
Confidential letters of reference should be sent under separate cover to the same email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Review of applications will begin on December 10, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
St. Joseph's College, NY is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V.
St. Joseph’s College, NY will not sponsor work visas for this position.
St. Joseph's College, Patchogue, NY
History Dept. Search Committee
|Primary Category:||Latin American and Caribbean History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||World History / Studies