University of Illinois at Chicago, History
Lecturer and Coordinator - US History for International Students
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Illinois, United States|
The Department of History at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) seeks a lecturer to teach and coordinate the Department's introductory seminar for international students. The course introduces small groups of specially enrolled international students the history of Chicago and the United States, and functions as a gateway for students who have joined the university via UIC Global, a program that reaches out to students throughout the globe. The class familiarizes them with our city, our university, and most of all, the pedagogies and expectations of a major research university. We offer multiple sections of the class every semester, including during summer. This is non-tenure track but ongoing position, renewable annually, eligible for promotion to Senior Lecturer after five years of service.
The duties of this position include the following:
- Act as an active liaison between UIC Global and the Department of History
- Teach sections of History 199
- Train, orient, and mentor additional instructors hired to teach the course.
- Collaborate with these instructors to continually refine the standard curriculum for History 199
- MA, MAT, or PhD in History or a closely related discipline
- Experience teaching at the college or university level
- Experience teaching international students
- Intercultural/cross cultural experience
- Experience in academic administration and instructional mentoring
For ingormation on how to apply, please visit the Jobs at UIC website at https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=103754&job=lecturer
Candidates should upload a current c.v., letter of interest, and the names and contact information of 3 referees.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Kevin Schultz - email@example.com
|Primary Category:||American History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||African American History / Studies
Asian American History / Studies
Black History / Studies
Chicana/o History / Studies
Ethnic History / Studies
Native American History / Studies