Adjunct Faculty: American History
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
|Position:||Other Teaching, Temporary|
Adjunct Faculty Member
Spring 2019 Semester
SUNY Ulster is currently accepting applications for adjunct teaching assignments in American History for the Spring 2019 semester and establishing a pool for a future teaching assignments.
Under the general supervision of the Division or Department Chair, the adjunct instructor will provide instruction in accordance with course descriptions, outlines, class schedules, and Governing Board policy; evaluate progress of students concerning educational matters, and perform other instructional related duties as assigned. Instructor may be assigned to the Stone Ridge and/or Kingston Center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet each scheduled class and teach or conduct learning exercises for the entire period.
- Contact the appropriate division chair or administrator in advance to make arrangements for unavoidable absences.
- Provide each student at the beginning of the course with written information about the course, to include a full description of the grading system and how the student will be evaluated.
- Accurately keep required class records on attendance, withdrawal and grading.
- Submit when due, all necessary reports such as attendance and grade reports, roll books, and class information sheets, and certify as to their accuracy.
- Comply with all institutional policies and procedures.
- Give careful attention to all bulletins, memorandums and emails from administrative offices.
- Check faculty mailbox and SUNY Ulster email frequently.
- Masters’ degree in American History
- The equivalent (as determined by SUNY Ulster faculty).
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Applicants must submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, the following materials to be considered for the position:
- Resume or CV
- Cover letter which discusses your qualifications, interests and your ability to serve a diverse student population.
- Copy of transcripts indicating possession of minimum qualifications (officials will be required at the time of hire)
Email materials to email@example.com.
ULSTER COUNTY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, disabled veteran status, or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.
Offer and assignment of employment is subject to verification of all information provided on the employment application, fingerprint check, verification of the right to work in the United States and all other required pre-employment conditions are met.
SUNY Ulster does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews. All interviewing costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview.
We invite you to be part of a dedicated community of learners in a department that puts students first. Please go to www.sunyulster.edu for additional campus community information.
SUNY Ulster is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The college encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Applicants who are protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act and who, due to a disability, require accommodations for completing the application process, testing (if required for the position), or the interview, should notify the Human Resources Office 10 working days before the accommodation is required.
|Primary Category:||American History / Studies