Content Creation (Remote, Part-Time Writing and Editing)
|Location:||California, United States|
wikiHow, a global how-to website, is seeking excellent writers for part-time content creation work. This is a remote position. Hours are completely flexible, but we do ask that content creators commit to working 15-25 hours each week.
Candidates should be:
• comfortable with researching, organizing, writing, editing, and evaluating how-to articles on a wide variety of topics.
• self-motivated, reliable, and able to work independently.
• able to produce polished writing very quickly, without grammatical, spelling, or typographical errors.
• open to constructive feedback and willing to revise accordingly.
• willing to work between 15 and 25 hours every week.
You’ll need to pass an initial content creation test (which we’ll pay you for) as part of our application process. If you pass our initial test, you will then have to complete a one-week paid trial where you work regular hours. If the trial goes well, we’ll move forward with hiring.
We're especially interested in hiring PhDs and ABDs from a variety of fields who want to apply their research and writing skills outside of academia. We typically begin at $16.00 per hour, but we can discuss increasing the rate for candidates with advanced degrees and exceptional writing skills.
To apply, please send your cv and a brief introductory email under the subject line "Content Creation, H-Net" to firstname.lastname@example.org.