Massachusetts Historical Society, Education and Community Engagement
Vice President of Education and Community Engagement
|Location:||Massachusetts, United States|
|Position:||Administrator, Other Professional|
Purpose: The Vice President of Education and Community Engagement is responsible for overseeing all programs that connect our collections to audiences other than researchers. This would include teachers and students, Public Programs audiences, children served by Community Collaborators, History Day participants, and visitors to the Society.
- Nurtures and grows History Day in state of Massachusetts
- Collaborates with Assistant Director of Education to create programs of interest to teachers and students, helping educators improve the teaching of history and to understand how to use the MHS documents and collections in their curricula
- Collaborates with Assistant Director of Education to develop education curricula aligned with state and national standards to accompany online resources, in collaboration with department staff
- Collaborates with Assistant Director of Education to administer major grants to provide web-based documentary history and curriculum for K–12 students nd professional development opportunities for educators
- Oversees the teacher fellowship program; manages the teacher fellow alumni association to maintain ongoing, productive relationships with teachers
- Collaborates with Director of Programs, Exhibitions and Community Partnerships to grow robust Community Collaborators
- Works with staff team to support Exhibitions
- Works with VP of Development to write grant proposals to secure funding for future programs and projects and administers department grants received by the MHS
- Functions as front-facing representative of Education at the MHS to the Boards, legislators, funders, etc.
- Collaborates with President and CFO to create and administer budgets
- Attends occasional evening and weekend events sponsored by the MHS or related to the work of the Society
- Travels periodically statewide
- Essential Functions
- Ph.D. in humanities-related discipline or advanced degree in Education.
- Ten or more years in managerial capacity at a non-profit or educational setting
- Superb communication and organizational skills
Contact: Please send Letter of Interest and CV to email@example.com. Letters and inquiries should be to the attention of the President. No phone calls.
Applications will be received until the position is filled.
|Primary Category:||American History / Studies