Massachusetts Historical Society, Research
Research Coordinator, Provide administrative and editorial support to the Director of Research.
|Location:||Massachusetts, United States|
- Handles daily management of four fellowships programs including handling publicity, serving as main contact with applicants, arranging selection meetings, processing applications, informing candidates of their status, arranging fellows’ research visits, requesting payments of stipends, tax reporting (for NERFC fellows), and scheduling brown bag lunches
- Handles daily management of Early American History, Environmental History, History of Women, Gender, & Sexuality, Modern American Society and Culture, African American History, and Biography seminars, including publicity, subscriptions, logistics for individual sessions, and working with steering committees
- Maintains Research Department webpages and social media, and writes copy for the MHS Calendar of Events and event kiosk
- Arranges for and edits review essays for Massachusetts Historical Review
- Collaborates on conference essay collections and the Colonial Collegians digitization project
- Serves on Research, Fellowship Selection, Seminars, and Conferences Committees; serves on internal committees such as Events and Web Advisory Group.
- Works closely with Director of Research on conferences and other special programs with particular responsibility for coordinating logistics
- Maintains checking and savings accounts for the New England Regional Fellowship Consortium; handles NERFC accounts payable
- Schedules and organizes committee meetings
- Creates administrative forms and reports
- * BA Degree in a humanities field
- * Master’s Degree in a humanities field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ teaching and/or administrative experience including editorial
- “Customer” or visitor services experience
- Demonstrated success in problem solving
- Success with developing a wide network of professional contacts including online
- Significant experience in copy editing an advantage
- Ability to read cursive written in a modern hand an advantage
- Experience handling social media accounts an advantage
- Demonstrated appreciation for the mission of a public history organization preferred
- Strong Microsoft office knowledge
- Strong writing ability
- Strong copy-editing skills
- Effective problem solving skills
Contact: Please send Letter of Interest and CV/Resume to email@example.com. Letters and inquiries should be to the attention of the President. No Phone Calls.
Applications will be received until the position is filled.
|Primary Category:||American History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||Local History