Yale University, InterAsia Initiative, MacMillan Center
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Connecticut, United States|
The InterAsia Initative at the MacMillan Center, Yale University, invites applications for a post-doctoral position. This is two-year appointment beginning August 1, 2019 and ending July 31, 2021. Reappointment for the second year will be subject to satisfactory evaluation of the first year performance in the postdoctoral position. Duties, in addition to pursuing your own research, will include:
- Serve as primary programmatic liaison with the two co-PIs, Helen Siu (East Asian Studies) and K. Sivaramakrishnan (South Asian Studies), the principals at the Social Science Research Council (SSRC) and the Program’s researchers around the world.
- Contribute to InterAsia curriculum enrichment and teaching on campus by offering a seminar course based on your InterAsia research interests during either term in each of the two years and coordinating a working group on course and syllabus development.
- Facilitate faculty and student interest in InterAsia activities overseas, working with SSRC and other nodal centers of the InterAsia network; engage and expand InterAsia networks on campus.
All applicants should have completed their PhD by the time of appointment. Applicants should submit a cover letter; a CV; a one-page description of research plans; a draft course syllabus and a title. Two letters of reference should be sent directly and should explicitly address your teaching credentials. Please provide names and contact information for your two referees.
Compensation includes an annual salary of $60,000 and health coverage, as well as some funds to cover cost of relocation to New Haven at the start of the postdoctoral appointment and some additional funds for research expenses.
We will accept applications immediately with review beginning on January 07, 2019 and continuing until the selections are final.
All information from the applicant should be submitted electronically through Interfolio. Uploaded PDF copies of signed reference letters will be accepted. All materials should be submitted only through the provided Interfolio link.
To apply, visit: http://apply.interfolio.com/54017.
Submit the following items online through the Interfolio link that has been provided:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Statement
- Names and contact information for references
- Syllabus and Course Title
- Publication (25-30 printed pages only)
- Dissertation Outline, Table of Contents and one Substantive chapter
- Two Reference Letters (to be submitted by the reference writers at this site)
Yale University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Yale values diversity among its students, staff, and faculty and strongly welcomes applications from women, persons with disabilities, protected veterans, and underrepresented minorities.
Questions about the search may be addressed to Dr. Yukiko Tonoike, Program Coordinator, InterAsia Initiative at Yale, by writing to email@example.com
|Secondary Categories:||Architecture and Architectural History
Art / Art History
Environmental History / Studies
Health and Health Care
Law and Legal History
Social History / Studies
Urban History / Studies
Women, Gender, and Sexuality