2 Lecturer Positions: U.S. and World
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Tennessee, United States|
|Position:||Non-Tenure Track Faculty|
The Department of History at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, College of Arts and Sciences invites applications for two full-time lecturers beginning August 1, 2018.
These are one-year appointments with the possibility of renewal. Teaching load is 4/4.
Successful candidates will possess the following requirements:
- PhD in history. Individuals who are "all but dissertation" (ABD) will be considered; however, the degree must be awarded within twelve months of the first semester of employment.
- Ability to teach introductory survey courses in American and/or World history
- Ability to teach advanced courses in area of specialty
- Ability to teach historical methods courses
- Ability to teach Tennessee history course a plus
- Willingness and ability to engage in alternative modes of instruction, including online
- Willingness to engage in assisting the UTC campus in its ability to reach additional goals as specified in UTC’s Strategic Plan including a demonstrable commitment to diversity and inclusion
Applicants should prepare to submit the following information within our online application system for consideration:
- Introductory letter of interest
- CV, including up-to-date, personal contact information (email, phone, etc.)
- Unofficial graduate transcripts
- Sample syllabi and copies of student evaluations (if available)
- One writing sample (preferably an article or book/dissertation chapter)
- Additionally, candidates will need to include names, titles, and email addresses for three (3) references for confidential letters of recommendation to be requested.
- The position is open to applicants who are legally eligible to work in the United States and do not require sponsorship now or in the future to be employed in this position.
Review of applications will begin on June 18, 2018, and will continue until the position is filled.
Applications must be submitted electronically.
Please submit via the following site:
Michael Thompson: Michael-D-Thompson@utc.edu
|Primary Category:||American History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||World History / Studies