Schwarzman Scholars, Student Life
Practical Training Project Manager
|Institution Type:||College / University|
Position: Practical Training Project Manager
Reports to: Associate Dean (Student Life) / Director of Career Development
Designed to prepare the next generation of global leaders, Schwarzman Scholars is the first scholarship created to respond to the geopolitical landscape of the 21st Century. Whether in politics, business or science, the success of future leaders around the world will depend upon an understanding of China’s role in global trends. With the inaugural class enrolled in 2016, the program gives the world’s best and brightest students the opportunity to develop their leadership skills and professional networks through a one-year Master’s Degree at Tsinghua University in Beijing – one of China’s most prestigious universities. Students pursue a Masters in Global Affairs, with concentrations in one of the following disciplines: public policy, economics and business, and international studies. The concentration gives students an opportunity to focus on aspects of global affairs they may not have previously studied. Students spend a year immersed in an international community of thinkers, innovators and senior leaders in business, politics and society. In an environment of intellectual engagement, professional development and cultural exchange, they learn from one another and pursue their academic disciplines while building their leadership capacities. This experience will expand students’ understanding of the world and create a growing network of global leaders for the future. For those ready to make their mark on the world, Schwarzman Scholars represents a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. We are now preparing to welcome our third cohort in Fall 2018. Learn more at www.schwarzmanscholars.org
Description of the Position
The Practical Training Project (PTP) program enables students to develop a further understanding of China through working or volunteering in a Chinese or international company, nonprofit organization, or institution. The PTP is a mandatory course and an essential part of the student experience during their year in Beijing. The PTP Manager, part of the Career Development team, is responsible for developing and managing the Schwarzman Scholars PTP program.
1. Compile and manage a database of potential PTP sites and contacts from previous PTP host organizations; mentors; alumni; staff and faculty, and other stakeholders.
2. Create resources and run workshops for students on securing a PTP position and creating a learning plan;
3. Work with students on any permissions/documentation necessary for their placement, and stay up to date on related administrative requirements.
4. Review learning plans, monitor individual student progress in their positions, and ensure that all students are on track to meet the PTP requirements for graduation.
5. Support the other Career Development staff with employer relationship management, career events and workshops, database maintenance; resource development; etc.
6. Additional projects and tasks as assigned, based on the academic year operational needs and experience.
1. BA in relevant field (master’s degree preferred).
2. Minimum of 3 years' full time work experience (work experience in China preferred), preferably within career development, experiential learning, higher education, or a related field.
3. Native or near fluency in both Mandarin and English.
4. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
5. Excellent networking skills and ability to interface with personnel at all levels of an organization.
6. Excellent organizational/time management skills with strong ability to manage multiple priorities.
7. A demonstrated sensitivity to student needs and cultural differences.
8. A willingness to commit to the role for at least two years.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience
Send your resume and cover letter (in English) detailing your interest and how you meet the qualifications listed above.
Send by email to: email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: June 15th or until the position is filled
email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org