Schwarzman Scholars, Student Life
|Institution Type:||College / University|
The Schwarzman Scholars program is designed to meet the challenges of the 21st century and beyond. The endowment supports up to 200 scholars annually from the U.S., China and around the world for a Master’s Degree in Global Affairs program at Tsinghua University in Beijing. Scholars chosen for this highly selective program will live in Beijing for one year of study and cultural immersion, attending lectures, traveling and developing a better understanding of China. Opened in 2016, we are now preparing to welcome our third cohort in Fall 2018. Learn more at www.schwarzmanscholars.org.
We are currently seeking highly qualified people to join us as we continue to build this innovative program. If you are innovative, highly driven, passionate about education, and eager to challenge yourself and to grow in a startup college, please consider the position below.
Position: Program Assistant
Organization: Schwarzman Scholars, Tsinghua University
We are looking for an energetic, motivated and creative professional to support the work of the Student Life team at Schwarzman College. At Schwarzman Scholars, the Student Life team collaborates to create and deliver innovative and integrated student life programming, including orientation, the ‘Deep Dive’ field course and field trips, practical training project (PTP) placements, career development and mentorship programs, convocation and graduation, and various other signature Schwarzman Scholars elements. We are still a new program, and we work closely with students, faculty, and staff in other areas to design solutions, innovate, and be creative. We have a great team, and are looking for an amazing person to join us!
Duties & Responsibilities
1) Provide administrative support to the Associate Dean, including data entry, submitting documents, scheduling meetings, reading documents in Chinese and summarizing, etc.
2) Work with the Deep Dive team on coordinating and documenting travel logistics;
3) Provide administrative support for various Student Life areas (career services, Deep Dive, PTP, etc.)
4) Assist with logistics for various events such as ceremonies, receptions, guest speakers, field trips, etc.
1) Bachelor’s degree.
2) Minimum of 2 years' work similar work experience (some accounting/finance experience preferred)
3) High level English and native Chinese, including exceptional written and oral communication skills.
4) Competence with software including Microsoft Word, Excel, etc., and the ability to learn how to use new software and databases (ability to use graphic design software is a bonus)
5) A willingness and ability to work flexible hours and do all types of work, including physical/manual tasks, due to time zone differences and the nature of student life work.
6) Excellent organizational, and time management skills, with a strong ability to juggle multiple projects.
Send your resume and cover letter (in English) detailing your interest and how you meet the qualifications above.
Send by email to: Melanie.email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: May 30th or until the position is filled
Melanie.email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org