U.S. Program Advisor
|Location:||Virginia, United States|
A. GENERAL INFORMATION
- Solicitation Number: ARCE/19-007
- Open to: Qualified candidates who are legally able to live and work int he United States
- Issue Date: 05/18/2018
- Closing Date: 06/30/2018
- Job Title: U.S. Program Advisor
- Schedule: This is a full-time position, limited to 3 years.
- Place of Performance: Alexandria, Virginia
- Salary: Shall be determined at the time of selection and will be commensurate with the selectee's experience and prior salary history.
B. BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ARCE US Program Advisor is a 3-year position tasked with developing, planning and implementing US based programs with the goal of advancing American – Egyptian cultural understanding. This position is ideal for a recent Ph.D. or an advanced A.B.D. It is structured as an educational/professional development opportunity. In formulating various U.S. programs, the Program Advisor will engage ARCE members – museums, universities, colleges, chapters, and other partners, in addition to individuals who may wish to participate in the conception and development of U.S. based programs.
In the first year, the Advisor will develop the strategy for ARCE’s U.S. programs and activities. As part of this process, the Advisor will define target audiences, outline programs, special events and other activities, as well as establish metrics to evaluate the programs once they are established. To develop the work plan for the programs, the Advisor will work closely with all ARCE constituencies, partners and stakeholders. The Advisor will be expected to present a draft strategy and workplan to the ARCE Executive Director within six months.
In the second and third years, the Advisor will implement the work plan, add new elements and remove ineffective ones, and ensure the programs are impactful once launched. In collaboration with ARCE staff, members, and volunteers, the Advisor will determine key metrics to define the impact and success of the programs, and will assess each program’s performance at defined intervals.
C. REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
This position reports to the ARCE Executive Director.
D. SUPERVISION EXERCISED
E. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
F. ELIGIBILITY FOR CONSIDERATION
Candidates must be either U.S. Citizens or Legal Permanent Residents of the United States.
G. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION
- Education: Candidates must have a Ph.D. or be currently enrolled in a Ph.D. and at the ABD stage, with academic study in the field of Archaeology, Anthropology, Egyptian Studies, Museum Studies, Art History, Cultural Preservation, Islamic Studies or a closely related field.
- Prior Work Experience: Prior experience with an academic institution, research institution or non-profit organization with activities related to project management or program management are expected. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in cultural heritage education practices, such as museum education; public or community-based cultural programs; curatorial practice; socially-engaged art practices or other relevant areas. Internship, Fellowship or Volunteer activities demonstrating this type of experience will be considered. Prior academic study or professional experience in Egypt or the Middle East or prior experience in Egyptology, Archaeology or Islamic Studies is an advantage. Current or previous involvement with ARCE, such as a fellowship, membership or chapter volunteer is highly desirable.
- Skills and Abilities: Candidates should have prior experience using standard Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.), and database/spreadsheet software (e.g. MS-Access, Excel, etc.). High level communication skills in English (e.g. writing, editing, developing and delivering formal presentations) are also essential to the successful performance of the job duties.
H. EVALUATION OF APPLICANTS AND SELECTION CRITERIA
Applications will be screened initially for determination of eligibility and minimum qualifications. Candidates who do not meet the basic eligibility for consideration described in Item F (above) will not receive further consideration. Next, candidates who meet or exceed the minimum Qualification Requirements listed in Item G1 through G3 will receive consideration and will be rank-ordered in accordance with the listed qualifications. Applicants are encouraged to address each of the listed requirements in their application. Omission of a description of an individual’s qualification on the application may result in a low ranking. Only the Top-Ranked candidates will be contacted for an interview. ARCE will screen candidates for nepotism and conflict of interest concerns.
I. HOW TO APPLY
To ensure consideration for this announcement, applicants must reference the Announcement Number and Job Title in the subject line of an email in the following manner: ARCE/19-007 – U.S. Program Advisor, to be sent to Recruitment@ARCE.org.The email should include as attachments, a completed resume or curriculum vitae, and a cover letter. Candidates should include starting and ending employment dates in the description of prior work experience and the complete name and contact information of the current and prior employers. The application package may also include photocopies of educational certifications (e.g. University transcripts, diplomas, certificates, etc.). Employment Reference letters are optional.
J. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS SOLICITATION
Questions may be emailed to Recruitment@arce.org, referencing the Solicitation Number in the Subject Line. Questions regarding the status of a candidacy cannot be answered.
The American Research Center in Egypt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a multi-cultural work environment that includes diversity of gender, nationality, race, culture, religion, ethnicity and educational background. Candidates from minority or indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The American Research Center in Egypt is committed to prevent workplace harassment, workplace violence and discriminatory employment practices.
To ensure consideration for this announcement, applicants must reference the Announcement Number and Job Title in the subject line of an email in the following manner: ARCE/19-007 – U.S. Program Advisor, to be sent to Recruitment@ARCE.org. Questions may be emailed to Recruitment@arce.org, referencing the Solicitation Number in the Subject Line. Questions regarding the status of a candidacy cannot be answered.
|Secondary Categories:||Middle East History / Studies