Experienced Research Historian
|Location:||Maryland, United States|
If you are passionate about uncovering information about the past, you may want to consider a career as a research historian for History Associates Incorporated. History Associates is a professional historical services firm seeking an experienced research historian with excellent writing skills that are clear, concise and accurate to join our team. The individual will be given the opportunity to work across all service lines exposing one to a variety of assignments. Duties include but are not limited to conducting extensive primary and secondary source research, writing research reports and project management which includes maintaining budget requirements.
• Conduct historical research in government repositories
• Overseeing project work and a project team
• Timely follow up on leads making sure requested information is received in a timely manner
• Manage project budget
• Proposal and report writing
• BA/BS/MA in history, Africian American studies, Africana studies or other research & writing fields
• GPA 3.5 or above
• Experience as a project manager a plus
• Experience conducting research in government repositories
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Ability to work independently and in teams
• Professional, thorough and detail oriented
• Ability to work well with others
History Associates offers an excellent benefits package including holidays; annual and sick leave; medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401(k) plan; and bonus plan.
History Associates Incorporated
Packages not containing all information requested will not be considered for this position.
|Primary Category:||African American History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||Black History / Studies
Environmental History / Studies
History of Science, Medicine, and Technology