Arizona State University, School of Historical, Philosophical and Religious Studies
Lecturer (Religious Studies)
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Arizona, United States|
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ (Job #12357). The School of Historical, Philosophical and Religious Studies (SHPRS) at Arizona State University invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure track faculty member at the rank of Lecturer to teach online and on-ground courses in Religious Studies’ new undergraduate concentrations: (1) Religion, Culture, and Public Life, and (2) Religion, Politics, and Global Affairs. This is a fixed-term, academic year (nine month) appointment, with an anticipated start date of August 16, 2018. Subsequent annual renewal is possible contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of resources, and the needs of the university.
- Doctoral degree in Religious Studies or a related field by time of appointment.
- Experience teaching Religious Studies at the university level
- Evidence of successful instructional experience at the university level
- Ability to teach REL 101 “Religion, Culture, and Public Life” and REL 107 “Religion and Globalization” both online and on-ground
- Ability to teach one or more of the following courses: REL 202: “Religion and Popular Culture”; REL 205: “Life, Sex and Death”; REL 287: “Topics in Film, Media and Religion”; REL 321: “Religion in America”; REL 390: “Women, Gender and Religion”
- Experience teaching in an online environment
- Evidence of successful online instructional experience at the university level
- A strong potential for success in serving the needs of diverse populations and/or reaching out to diverse communities.
Applicants must apply online at Interfolio: http://apply.interfolio.com/49134, submitting the following:
- a cover letter stating qualifications;
- curriculum vitae; and
- contact information (name, address, email, telephone number) for three professional references.
Applicants name should appear in each uploaded file name. Cover letter can be addressed to Dr. Tracy Fessenden, Search Committee Chair. Questions about the position should be directed to the search committee chair at Tracy.Fessenden@asu.edu. The application deadline is May 10, 2018, 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time; if not filled, reviews will occur every two weeks thereafter until search is closed. A background search is required for employment.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html
Dr. Tracy Fessenden, Search Committee Chair. Questions about the position should be directed to the search committee chair at Tracy.Fessenden@asu.edu.
|Secondary Categories:||Religious Studies and Theology