Arizona State University, School of Historical, Philosophical and Religious Studies
Lecturer (European History)
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Arizona, United States|
Arizona State University - Lecturer (European History)
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ (Job #12352). The School of Historical, Philosophical and Religious Studies (SHPRS) at Arizona State University invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure track faculty member at the rank of Lecturer to teach online and on-ground courses in European history (focusing on Medieval and/or Early Modern Europe) and historical methods. This is a fixed-term, academic year (nine month) appointment, with an anticipated start date of August 16, 2018. Subsequent annual renewal is possible contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of resources, and the needs of the university.
- Doctoral degree in History or a related discipline, with a focus on European History by the time of appointment
- Experience teaching European and/or Western Civilization survey
- Evidence of successful instructional experience at the university level
- Ability to teach Global History and Western Civilization surveys
- Expertise in Medieval and/or Early Modern European History
- Experience teaching in an online environment
- Evidence of successful online instructional experience at the university level
- A strong potential for success in serving the needs of diverse populations and/or reaching out to diverse communities.
Applicants must apply online at Interfolio: http://apply.interfolio.com/49133, submitting the following:
- a cover letter stating qualifications;
- curriculum vitae; and
- contact information (name, address, email, telephone number) for three professional references.
Applicants name should appear in each uploaded file name. Cover letter can be addressed to Dr. Victoria Thompson, Search Committee Chair. Questions about the position should be directed to the search committee chair at: Victoria.Thompson@asu.edu. The application deadline is May 3, 2018, 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time; if not filled, reviews will occur every two weeks thereafter until search is closed.
A background search is required for employment.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/
Dr. Victoria Thompson, Search Committee Chair. Questions about the position should be directed to the search committee chair at: Victoria.Thompson@asu.edu.
|Primary Category:||European History / Studies