Arkansas Tech University, History and Political Science
Assistant Professor, American History
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Arkansas, United States|
Assistant Professor of American History
About Arkansas Tech:
Founded in 1909, Arkansas Tech is a comprehensive public higher education institution, maintaining regional accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and classification as a Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) level III institution. It is the third-largest in the state with an enrollment close to 12,000 students. The Russellville campus, located in the scenic Arkansas River Valley between the Ozark and Ouachita Mountains, is just one hour from the capital city of Little Rock and boasts a charming blend of historic and modern architecture, including beautiful grounds and greenery. Offering over 100 undergraduate and more than 25 graduate degree programs across seven academic colleges and two campuses, Arkansas Tech strives to provide a solid educational foundation for life-long learning to a diverse community. For more information about Arkansas Tech University and the surrounding community, please visit our website at www.atu.edu/hr to find our “Live Here” informational resources.
The Arkansas Tech University Department of History and Political Science seeks to fill a full-time, tenure-track, assistant professor position in American History. The successful candidate will be a nineteenth-century Americanist with an active research agenda and the ability to teach the History of Arkansas as well as upper-division courses on the American South.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and teach a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses
• Effectively advise and mentor students at the undergraduate and graduate level
• Engage students in high impact learning practices
• Develop a sustainable scholarship program, including seeking external funds
• Provide meaningful service to the department, college, university, and profession
• Engage in assessment and continuous improvement of courses
• Perform other duties assigned by the Department Head
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and a history of working effectively with colleagues
• Ph.D (or ABD with expected completion date by February 15, 2019)
• Experience teaching
• Experience teaching online courses
• Evidence of peer-reviewed, original scholarship
What to Submit:
Letter of application, curriculum vita, names of three references, copies of transcripts
To be considered for the Assistant Professor of American History position, all applications must be received and processed through our applicant tracking system Cornerstone prior to the closing date on April 20, 2018.
Please go to https://atu.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=1&c=atu to apply now. This position’s anticipated hire date will be August 2018.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an AA/EOE employer committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Dr. David Blanks
History and Political Science
Arkansas Tech University
Russellville, AR 72802
|Primary Category:||American History / Studies