University of California - Irvine, Center for Critical Korean Studies (CCKS)
CCKS Postdoctoral Scholar 2018-2019
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||California, United States|
Open March 6th, 2018 through April 5th, 2018
The Center for Critical Korean Studies (CCKS) at the University of California, Irvine invites applications for a full-time, non-tenured, academic term appointment for Postdoctoral Scholar position from September 1, 2018 to August 31, 2019. While in residence, the postdoc will:
- Work on an individual research project leading to publication as defined in the cover letter;
- Give one public lecture or works-in-progress talk on campus during appointment period;
- Attend and co-organize CCKS-sponsored events, such as lectures, film screenings and symposia; and
- Engage in various CCKS's community projects such as managing a historical archive, organizing fundraising events, and networking with the local community and visiting scholars.
Ph.D. in a humanities or social science discipline and a Korea-related research topic. (Degree received within the past seven years.)
This position is 12-month, full-time appointment and includes benefits. Starting annual salary is $48,216. UC postdoctoral salary levels and experience requirements are determine by a union-negotiated contract.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
- Application must be submitted by April 5, 2018
- Interested candidates should submit the required application materials listed below at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF04487
- Candidate must have the proof of degree completion before the appointment begins on September 1, 2018.
Contact: Erica Yun, CCKS Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter - explaining research project, teaching experience and what you plan to accomplish while in residence at CCKS
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
Writing Sample (max. 30 pages) - Upload under Misc/Optional
3-5 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
Create an ApplicantID
Provide required information and documents
If any, provide required reference information
Erica Yun, CCKS Program Coordinator, email@example.com
|Primary Category:||Korean History / Studies
|Secondary Categories:||East Asian History / Studies