Area Cooperative Extension 4-H Youth Development Advisor (AP#17.12)
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||California, United States|
POSITION PURPOSE: The Cooperative Extension (CE) advisor for 4-H Youth Development will conduct an extension, education and applied research program to assess, develop, implement, evaluate, strengthen and expand local UC 4-H Youth Development (4-H YD) programming. The primary focus of this position will be on the delivery of a statewide 4-H Youth Development Program at the local level that assists youth in achieving their fullest potential. The CE advisor is expected to develop applied research projects for youth and/or families with an emphasis on developing youth programs that combine non-formal education with hands-on, inquiry-based learning to engage youth in improving their skills and abilities in science, engineering, math and technology knowledge.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement effective UC ANR Cooperative Extension applied research and educational programs to address the identified priority needs of the clientele that are consistent with ANR’s Strategic Vision and ANR initiatives. http://ucanr.edu/sites/StrategicInitiatives/Healthy_Families_-_Communities/
- Conduct and report regular needs assessments to identify priority issues or problems relevant to the local clientele groups being served.
- Disseminate useful, science-based information to inform clientele, using extension methods that are responsive to clientele needs and appropriate for the audience and situation.
- Develop and implement applied research designed to monitor changes and solve locally relevant problems.
- Maintain and promote Cooperative Extension’s credibility by participating in professional organizations and collaborating with government agencies, community partners, allied industry groups, policy makers and other organizations by providing independent science-based information and leadership.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: An earned Master’s degree or other advanced degree in education, youth/child development, human development, science/science education or other related fields is required by the appointment start date. Applicants currently enrolled in a graduate program in an appropriate academic field and nearing completion may apply. Experience in conducting applied research and education programs with youth is required. Academic training and/or professional experience must provide an understanding of science with the ability to transfer research-based principles to program and research design methodologies. Strong leadership skills and experience in program and personnel management are required. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. The ability to communicate in Spanish is desired. Experience or the ability to apply low-literacy and cultural/ethnic principles into extension and research program elements is preferred. Experience in effectively managing and resolving conflict is highly desirable. Extension experience is desirable.
SALARY: Beginning salary will be in the Cooperative Extension Assistant Advisor Rank and commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications. For information regarding Cooperative Extension advisor salary scales, please refer to the University of California, ANR website: http://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/271532.pdf
TO APPLY: Please visit the UC Recruit website at https://recruit.ucanr.edu/. For full consideration, application packets should be submitted in their entirety no later than March 30, 2018. Please refer to position AP#17-12. For questions regarding this position, please contact LeChé McGill at email@example.com