Mandel Humanities Center Dean and Chair
|Institution Type:||Two-Year College|
|Location:||Ohio, United States|
Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C®) is proud to be Ohio’s first and largest community college. Currently, we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional. The successful candidate will provide leadership for the Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Humanities Center and the Mandel Scholars Academy and is responsible for the design, implementation, evaluation and management of all components of the Humanities Center. We will rely on you to recruit a Mandel Center advisory committee of business, community and educational leaders in collaboration with the College’s President; create and encourage the dissemination of Mandel Center research in a variety of local, regional and international venues; collaborate with faculty in curriculum development and deployment that uses technology-rich, inquiry-based learning; and provide leadership and guidance for intensifying College-wide student engagement in humanities and public service.
- Ph.D. in a humanities discipline (e.g. literature, philosophy, history) or a related social science
- Minimum of five years of collegiate teaching experience
- Established scholarship with national or international expertise
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with multidisciplinary faculty and implementing and evaluating academic programs
- Successful grant-writing experience
- Demonstrated executive experience planning, assigning, scheduling, supervising and ensuring the quality of the work of others
- Experience forecasting, planning, maintaining, preparing and monitoring a business area’s budget
- Successful track record of effectively making decisions that have significant, broad implications on the management and operations of a division (or equivalent business area)
- Advanced project management skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Certificate or formal training in leadership
- Minimum of 10 years of collegiate experience
- Minimum of five years of administrative, management or supervisory experience in an academic program
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role (such as a Dean or Director) in an Honors or Academic Center
At Tri-C, we’re putting students on the path to a bright future.
From more than 1,000 credit courses in over 140 career and technical programs and liberal arts curricula, to workforce training courses and programs designed to assist individuals with job skills training, Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C) is helping students prepare for a better career, professional development and a bright future.
Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C) has the lowest tuition in Northeast Ohio and is dedicated to helping students pay for college by providing low tuition rates, financial aid opportunities, scholarships and grants – contributing to optimal student success! For more than 50 years, Tri-C has provided high quality, affordable education and programs to more than 900,000 members of our community. We’re proud to be Ohio’s first and largest community college. Help us continue the tradition.
Discover Tri-C. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce. EOE