RECRUITMENT OF 15 MARIE SKLODOWSKA-CURIE ESR FELLOWS
|Position:||Doctoral Fellow, Fellow|
RECOMS is a Marie Sklodowska Curie (MSCA) Innovative Training Network funded by the European Commission (2018–2022). RECOMS is comprised of a transdisciplinary consortium of scientists, practitioners, and change agents from eleven public, private, and nonprofit organizations, located in six European Union countries: Austria, Belgium, England, Finland, Germany, and The Netherlands.
The purpose of RECOMS is to train 15 ESRs (doctoral candidates) in innovative, transdisciplinary, and transformative approaches to promoting and facilitating resourceful and resilient community environmental practice. By delivering an advanced program of training in both scientific and professional skills, RECOMS will enable ESRs to pursue an academic career or high-level professional career in the public, private, or third sector (e.g., government, university, NGO, consultancy, business or charitable body).
RECOMS ESRs will be supervised both by academic and nonacademic partners and will be encouraged to critically, practically, and creatively explore the contribution of and relationships between their individual doctoral study projects across three interconnecting research themes:
- Empowering and unlocking the potential of vulnerable communities to become more resourceful.
- Strengthening the adaptive and transformative capacity of local groups through resourceful environmental practice as critical to building community resilience.
- Encouraging a more just and inclusive approach to stimulating community resourcefulness by nurturing broader participation in resourceful environmental practices.
- Applicants must – at the start date of the employment contract (1st September 2018) – be an "early stage researcher": they must be in the first four years of their research career and not have a doctoral degree.
- At the time of appointment applicants must not have resided in or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the recruiting institution for more than 12 months in the three years immediately prior to their recruitment. Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account.
- Applicants must have a university Masters degree.
- Applicants must have excellent English language proficiency (an English language test may be required).
Further information on the RECOMS project, the 15 ESR positions, the essential and desirable recruitment criteria, the application process, and the associated individual ESR recruitment portals can be found via the following links:
- General information about the RECOMS project and the 15 ESR Fellow vacancies
- Overview of RECOMS training programme
- Frequently asked Questions (Recruitment FAQs)
- General information about the Marie Sklodowska Curie (MSCA) Innovative Training Network program
Start Date: 1 September 2018
Duration: 36 months (fixed term)
|Primary Category:||Environmental History / Studies
Urban Design and Planning