Manager, Visitor Services Operations
~~JOIN THE CANADIAN MUSEUM OF HISTORY
The Canadian Museum of History offers you a place to develop your career and to accomplish rewarding and meaningful work in an inclusive and engaging work environment dedicated to museological excellence.
Manager, Visitor Services Operations
Permanent Full-Time Position
Position Number 10002-01
We are looking for an experienced Manager, Visitor Services Operations to join our Facility Management, Corporate Security and Visitor Services Division. Reporting to the Manager, Visitor Services, your key responsibilities will include:
• Manage all the operational activities pertaining to the Visitor Services section at the Canadian Museum of History and the Canadian War Museum;
• Develop and maintain a client centered approach for the daily museum services, overseen by Team Leaders and provided by a team of Hosts and Program Interpreters;
• Ensure Visitor Service standards are achieved through performance monitoring and management;
• Provide strategic advice and monitors the progress of client service activities;
• Contribute to regular financial planning and reporting;
• Contribute to the development of guidelines and processes for the Client Services.
Successful candidates have the following qualifications, which are a deciding measure of success for this challenging opportunity:
A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in:
• The management of salary and operational budgets;
• Managing and leading a unionized team including staffing positions, employee performance, establishing employee work priorities and setting employee training objectives;
• Writing position descriptions, interviewing and hiring staff;
• Developing work plans;
• The management and training of employees in a unionized environment;
• Managing operations at a National Museum or in a tourism setting;
• Working at a superior level of competency with the following software: Word processing (Word); spreadsheet (Excel), PowerPoint, and email (Outlook).
• Management principles in the context of a museum;
• Client services principles, standards, practices, procedures and policies;
• The preparation of effective reports and communications;
• Collective Agreement provisions administration;
• Humans resources management practices and principles;
• Budget preparation and accounting principles.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Administration or in related field.
Core competencies: Client Focus; Analytical Thinking; Planning; Team leadership.
The Canadian Museum of History is committed to the principles of employment equity and to achieving a workforce that is representative of the Canadian population. We strongly encourage candidates to self-identify if they are an Aboriginal Person, a member of a visible minority group, a person with a disability or a woman.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment processes and work environments. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all candidates for showing interest; however, only retained candidates will be contacted. The results of this competition may be used to staff similar temporary or permanent positions over the next twelve months.
Bring your expertise to this position at the Canadian Museum of History. Apply no later than January 21, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. as instructed on the website: http://www.historymuseum.ca/about/jobs/ under “Current Job Opportunities.”
Compensation: $68,961 - $91,589 (Job classification: EE7)
Language: CBC imperative (for a detailed definition of the linguistic level required, access our website). We encourage all candidates to submit their application, regardless of whether they believe they meet the linguistic requirements of the position. As part of its hiring process, the Museum sends qualified candidates for linguistic validation to determine their language proficiency.
Security Clearance: Enhanced reliability
Open to: Museum employees, external candidates and/or candidates from our inventory. Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
~~Bring your expertise to this position at the Canadian Museum of History. Apply no later than January 21, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. as instructed on the website: http://www.historymuseum.ca/about/jobs/ under “Current Job Opportunities.”