Area Cooperative Extension 4H Youth Development Advisor Recruitment (AP#17.22)
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||California, United States|
|Position:||Other Professional, Other Teaching, Research Professional|
POSITION PURPOSE: The Area Cooperative Extension (CE) advisor for 4-H Youth Development will conduct a multi-county based extension, education and applied research program to develop, implement, evaluate, strengthen and expand local UC 4-H Youth Development (4-H YD) programming and better serve under-represented populations in Colusa, Sutter and Yuba Counties. The primary focus of this position will be on developing research based youth programs that combine non-formal education with hands-on, inquiry-based learning in a positive youth development context to engage youth in improving their skills and abilities in citizenship and civic engagement, science literacy, and healthy living.
- Develop and implement effective UC ANR Cooperative Extension applied research and educational programs to address the identified priority needs of the clientele that are consistent with ANR’s Strategic Vision and ANR initiatives http://ucanr.edu/sites/StrategicInitiatives/Healthy_Families_-_Communities/
- Supervise staff in UC ANR 4-H YD programs and provide academic oversight to ensure compliance with federal, UC ANR, and UC ANR 4-H YDP programmatic and fiscal policies.
- Provide academic oversight and leadership related to the development and delivery of programs that meet the needs of the diverse youth, families and communities in the counties.
- Oversee implementation of the UC ANR 4-H YD Framework to ensure positive youth development occurs from an intentional process.
- Lead the evaluation of local 4-H programs for impact and attainment of growth, participation, and program objectives.
- Provide administrative oversight related to recruitment of volunteers and youth across ethnic groups, races and cultures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: An earned Master’s degree or other advanced degree in education, child development, youth development, human development or other related field is required by the appointment start date. Experience in conducting applied research and education programs with youth is required. Strong leadership skills and experience in program and personnel management are required. Expertise in curriculum development, large-scale youth program development, volunteer development and management, and program evaluation is highly desirable. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. The ability to communicate with adults and youth in Spanish is desired. Experience working with diverse populations and the ability to bridge cultural differences is highly desirable. Experience in effectively managing and resolving conflict is highly desirable. Extension experience is desirable.
SALARY: Beginning salary will be in the Cooperative Extension Assistant Advisor Rank and commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications. For information regarding Cooperative Extension advisor salary scales, please refer to the University of California, ANR website: http://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/271532.pdf.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
TO APPLY: For full position vacancy announcement and UC application, please visit our website at http://ucanr.edu/Jobs/Jobs_990/. For full consideration, application packets should be submitted in their entirety no later than January 15, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to position AP#17-22. For questions regarding this position, please contact LeChé McGill at email@example.com
Academic HR Business Consultant
|Primary Category:||Childhood and Education