University of California, Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources, University of California Agriculture & Natural Resources
Area Cooperative Extension 4-H Youth Development Advisor (AP#16.17)
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||California, United States|
POSITION PURPOSE: The Area Cooperative Extension (CE) advisor for 4-H Youth Development will conduct a multi-county based extension, education and applied research program to develop, implement, evaluate, strengthen and expand local UC 4-H Youth Development (4-H YD) and Elkus Ranch educational programming and better serve under-represented populations in San Mateo and San Francisco Counties. The primary focus of this position is to improve youth wellness as well as environmental and scientific literacy, using a holistic approach that leverages University of California’s Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources (UC ANR), community, and individual assets and integrates across nutrition, health, environmental, human and agricultural systems.
- Develop and implement effective UC ANR Cooperative Extension applied research and educational programs to address the identified priority needs of the clientele that are consistent with ANR’s Strategic Vision and ANR initiatives http://ucanr.edu/sites/StrategicInitiatives/Healthy_Families_-_Communities/
- Supervise staff in UC ANR 4-H YD programs and provide academic oversight to ensure compliance with federal, UC ANR, and UC ANR 4-H YDP programmatic and fiscal policies.
- Oversee implementation of the UC ANR 4-H YD Framework to ensure positive youth development occurs from an intentional process.
- Provide administrative oversight related to recruitment of volunteers and youth across ethnic groups, races and cultures.
- Lead and contribute to the design and implementation of a volunteer development and management program.
- Cultivate collaborators and donors as well as grants for research and education/project support.
- Collaborate and network with governmental agencies, youth service organizations, industry groups, schools, fairs and interested individuals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: An earned master's degree or other advanced degree in science education, youth development, health sciences, environmental sciences, natural resources, agricultural sciences or a closely related field is required by the appointment start date. Applicants currently enrolled in a graduate program in an appropriate academic field may apply. Experience in conducting applied research and education programs with youth is required, and experience with designing, conducting, or evaluating outdoor, place-based and experiential education is desirable. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills are required. Experience managing and evaluating technical resources and programs is highly desirable. Experience effectively managing and resolving conflict is required. Extension experience, especially in youth development programming and volunteer education, is desirable.
SALARY: Beginning salary will be in the Cooperative Extension Assistant Advisor Rank and commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications. For information regarding Cooperative Extension advisor salary scales, please refer to the University of California, ANR website: http://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/271532.pdf
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
TO APPLY: For full position vacancy announcement and UC application, please visit our website at http://ucanr.edu/Jobs/Jobs_990/. For full consideration, application packets should be submitted in their entirety no later than January 19, 2018 to: email@example.com. Please refer to position AP#16-17. For questions regarding this position, please contact LeChé McGill at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Secondary Categories:||Childhood and Education