University of California, Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Cooperative Extension
Area Cooperative Extension 4-H Youth Development Advisor (AP#17.07)
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||California, United States|
POSITION PURPOSE: The Area Cooperative Extension (CE) advisor for 4-H Youth Development will address statewide goals to develop research-based youth development programming to increase youths’ leadership and college/career readiness with an emphasis on expanding programming to underserved audiences. The CE advisor will be responsible for conducting ongoing program needs assessments that will direct program development, implementation, and expansion; enhancing fund development to support expanded programs; and maintaining the high quality of existing programs.
- Develop and implement effective UC ANR Cooperative Extension applied research and educational programs to address the identified priority needs of the clientele that are consistent with ANR’s Strategic Vision and ANR initiatives. http://ucanr.edu/sites/StrategicInitiatives/Healthy_Families_-_Communities/
- Conduct and report regular needs assessments to identify priority issues or problems relevant to the local clientele groups being served.
- Disseminate useful, science-based information to inform clientele, using extension methods that are responsive to clientele needs and appropriate for the audience and situation.
- Develop and implement applied research designed to monitor changes and solve locally relevant problems.
- Maintain and promote Cooperative Extension’s credibility by participating in professional organizations and collaborating with government agencies, community partners, allied industry groups, policy makers and other organizations by providing independent science-based information and leadership.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: An earned Master’s degree or other advanced degree in education, youth/child development, human development or other related fields with an emphasis in youth college/career readiness and leadership development is required by the appointment start date. Applicants currently enrolled in a graduate program in an appropriate academic field and nearing completion may apply. Experience in conducting applied research and education programs with youth is required. Experience in grant writing, developing financial reports and/or budget management required. Volunteer management and conflict management experience preferred. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Experience or the ability to apply low-literacy and culturally/ethnically relevant principles to extension and research programs is preferred. Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish is desirable. Experience and demonstrated success in working with diverse populations and the ability to bridge cultural differences is preferred.
SALARY: Beginning salary will be in the Cooperative Extension Assistant Advisor Rank and commensurate with applicable experience and professional qualifications. For information regarding Cooperative Extension advisor salary scales, please refer to the University of California, ANR website: http://ucanr.edu/sites/anrstaff/files/271532.pdf.
TO APPLY: Please visit the UC Recruit website at https://recruit.ucanr.edu/. For full consideration, application packets should be submitted in their entirety no later than January 12, 2018. Please refer to position AP#17-07. For questions regarding this position, please contact LeChé McGill at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.