Assistant Professor of Architecture
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Arkansas, United States|
The Fay Jones School of Architecture and Design at the University of Arkansas invites applications from highly motivated candidates for a full-time nine month tenure track faculty position in the Department of Architecture. The position, at the rank of Assistant Professor, is for a rising architecture professional with interest and exceptional promise for developing and implementing design studio pedagogy and interdisciplinary approaches to teaching architecture and design. The successful candidate will possess an ability to develop scholarly and creative initiatives that critically engage the department’s philosophy of design as an active exploration of making at a variety of scales. Specific demonstrated capabilities for innovative research, scholarship, professional practice or creative activity are required. Professional licensure is preferred. The start date is August 13, 2018.
· Terminal degree in architecture (M.Arch or equivalent), a recognized body of creative work and excellent writing and communication skills; and
· An ability to work with colleagues and students in a collegial manner.
· Post professional education in architecture or an allied discipline;
· Experience in teaching studios and lecture/seminars;
· Experience with and enthusiasm for teaching undergraduate courses across the departmental curriculum;
· Experience working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team;
· Experience in professional architecture practice; and
· Experience in an active and on-going research, scholarship, professional practice or creative activity agenda.
To apply for this position please visit: http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/24074