6 Postdoc Researchers on Civil Society Advocacy and Inclusive Development in India
|Institution Type:||College / University|
Wageningen University & Research (The Netherlands) and Indian Institute of Technology Delhi are looking for:
6 postdoc researchers (18 months, fulltime)
Starting date: January 2018
Wageningen University & Research (The Netherlands) and Indian Institute of Technology Delhi are starting a collaborative project to study the contribution of civil society advocacy to inclusive development in India. Three postdocs are to focus on civil society advocacy and advocacy capacity development in the domain of gender. Three postdocs are to focus on civil society advocacy and advocacy capacity development in the domain of climate-related natural hazards.
The research will involve the production of a literature review, fieldwork in India, and the production of academic papers and materials and organizing events for knowledge sharing and utilization among stakeholders, including CSOs and policymakers. The six postdocs will work together in a team including scholars from the Netherlands, India and the United States.
Two postdocs will be hosted by Wageningen University & Research, and four will be hosted by Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. All postdocs will, however, spend some part of their assignment at the institution they are not hosted at, for purposes of collaboration and exchange.
The successful candidates will:
· have a PhD in political science, sociology, development studies, public policy or a related field
· have thorough knowledge of Indian government, politics and society
· have considerable experience with qualitative research methods. Experience with quantitative methods is a plus.
· have a demonstrable interest in civil society
· have a demonstrable interest in either gender or climate-related natural hazards
· have published in international peer-reviewed academic journals, or demonstrable capacity to do so
· be fluent in Hindi and English. For the project on climate-related natural hazards, mastery of Oriya is desired.
Besides a competitive salary, we offer additional living allowances for the periods spent abroad.
Further information about the project and the positions can be obtained from Dr. Margit van Wessel (Wageningen University & Research). Email: email@example.com.
You are invited to send your complete application to Dr. Margit van Wessel. Please include an cover letter discussing motivation and aptitude; a curriculum vitae including a list of publications; a sample publication; contact information for up to three references. Applications will be reviewed starting on Dec. 14, 2017 and positions will be filled on a rolling basis.
Acquisition regarding these vacancies is not appreciated.
Dr. Margit van Wessel
Assistant Professor, Wageningen University & Research
|Primary Category:||Social Sciences