Arizona State University, School of Historical, Philosophical & Religious Studies
Lecturer, (FSC - Fiscal)
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Arizona, United States|
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ (Job #12179) The School of Historical, Philosophical, and Religious Studies at Arizona State University (SHPRS) is pleased to invite applications for a fixed-term, full-time, non-tenure track faculty member at the rank of Lecturer with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2017. Subsequent annual renewal is possible, contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of resources, and the needs of the university.
The School seeks applicants committed to outstanding teaching, student-centeredness, and effective program administration. The successful candidate will primarily serve SHPRS’ robust History MA program through teaching foundational online graduate courses in History and coordinating the global history curriculum within the History MA program. The position’s program coordination duties include student recruitment, enrollment, and advising; program schedule planning, curricular revision, assessment, and the development and maintenance of processes and publications related to the MA program; engagement with the scholarship of online teaching and learning; and community relations, including liaising with internal university constituents and external community partners as needed.
- Doctoral degree in History or a related field with an emphasis in global history or a non-Western field by time of appointment.
- Evidence of successful History teaching at the university level
- Experience teaching in an online environment
- Experience with program and curriculum management
- Track record of academic publishing and grant funding
- Ability to effectively communicate in multiple formats to multiple audiences (e.g. social media, conference presentations, K12 outreach)
- Demonstrated success working with diverse and/or faculty populations
To guarantee full consideration, applicants must apply online at: http://apply.interfolio.com/46223 submitting a complete Dossier, including all of the following:
1) a cover letter, stating qualifications;
2) a CV, clearly identifying areas of specialization and competence;
3) at least three letters of reference;
4) evidence of teaching excellence.
Applicant’s last name should appear in the name of each uploaded file. Cover letters can be addressed to Penelope Adams Moon, Search Committee Chair. Questions about the position should be directed to the search committee chair at: Penelope.Moon@asu.edu.
The application deadline is December 15, 2017, 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time; if not filled, applications will be reviewed every week thereafter until the search is closed. A background check is required for employment.
A background check is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Penelope Adams Moon, Search Committee Chair. Questions about the position should be directed to the search committee chair at: Penelope.Moon@asu.edu.
|Primary Category:||History Education