Disinterment Historian for Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency (DPAA)
|Location:||Hawaii, United States|
PAE, SNA International subcontractor, is currently looking for a Disinterment Historian to support the Defense Prisoner of War/Missing in Action (POW/MIA) Accounting Agency (DPAA) in Hawaii by identifying the remains of missing and unidentified service members from past conflicts, enabling the Department of Defense (DoD) to achieve full accounting.
The Disinterment Historian will conduct historical research and writing, and assist with disinterment related activities for DPAA’s Asia Pacific Directorate.
- 5 years of professional historical research experience (includes educational experience)
- Master’s degree in History or related field with a strong understanding of History of Science and/or Second World War Military History with specialist knowledge of the Asia-Pacific Theater (PhD or working toward PhD preferred)
- Strong written and oral communication skills evidenced by publication and conference presentation record
- Knowledge of relevant primary and secondary source material
- Experience with archival research
- Detailed oriented
- Able to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Must complete competency within 90 days
- Performs complex historical research into casualty resolution and unidentified remains interred in U.S. cemeteries
- Assignments include a variety of duties, to include documentary research, oral histories, secondary source readings, geographically bounded studies, cemetery analyses, case narratives, reports of findings, and briefings to agency leadership
- Builds and develops recommendations to disinter unidentified remains from past conflicts, with the ultimate goal of pursuing all avenues towards exhumation and identification
- Occasionally travels nationally for Family Member Updates (FMUs) and occasionally internationally for field investigations or other activities as required by agency leadership
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Follows all client policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
This position regularly interfaces with all employees, consultants, and contractors of the company, and communicates through briefings and written products with agency leadership, US Government employees, family members, foreign officials, and strategic partners.
Use the provided website to apply for this position. Please submit a cover letter along with a resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
|Primary Category:||Military History