National Chengchi University, Ethnology
Associate Professor / Professor with specialization in Ethnology, Anthropology and/or related Humanities and Social Sciences fields
|Institution Type:||College / University|
Field/areas of Specialization:
The Department welcomes applications for the position of Associated Professor / Professor with specialization in Ethnology, Anthropology and/or related Humanities and Social Sciences fields
1. Studies on Taiwanese Indigenous Peoples
2. Studies on Chinese Ethnic minorities
3. Migration Studies (Including cross-border ethnic groups, urban minorities )
4. Studies on Ethnic Groups in Southeast Asia or the Pacific Region
Number of Available Positions:
The applicant must have completed a Ph.D. or hold qualifications to act as Assistant Professor in Ethnology, Anthropology or a closely related field.
1.Starting date: August 1st, 2018
2.The applicant should submit three copies of a full set of application materials, excluding letters of recommendation.
(1) The curriculum vitae (including educational background, skills, research field, list of research publications).
(2) Proof of Academic Certification
I. Please provide copy of a teaching certificate issued by Ministry of Education if available.
II. Foreign academic credentials should be confirmed by Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ overseas embassies
III. Applicants who do not currently hold Ph. D credentials should provide proof of their recently completed oral defense or an
equivalent document from their advisor indicating the applicant will complete their doctoral degree requirements before
November 30th 2017.
(3) The academic record of highest educational degree (not required for applicants applying for an Associate Professor position)
(4) Copies of all articles/book chapters that have been published within the last 7 years. (For applicants for the position
of assistant professor, a doctoral dissertation can be included as a publication). Of the submitted publications,
the applicantshould select one—based on research conducted in the past 5 years—to submit as their representative piece.
All materials will be returned after review.
(5) Syllabuses for three courses that the applicant plans to teach. Two of the three courses should be taken from lists below:
I. Choose at least one: “The Theory of Ethnology” (graduate level), “ The Method of Ethnology” (graduate level),
“The Theory of Ethnology” (undergraduate level), or “Economic Ethnology” (undergraduate level).
II. At least one course to be taught in English as an IDAS, IMAS or IMES collaborate course in the College of Social Sciences.
(6) At least 2 letters of recommendation.
All application materials must reach the Department no later than 5:00 pm. on November 30th (Thursday), 2017.