Professor Liberal Arts and Communications
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
Associate or Full Professor/Academic Director of Online BA in Liberal Studies & Online BA in Communication and Media
Job ID# 17475
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking for a seamless way to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited online degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education.
CUNY SPS currently seeks candidates for a tenure track position at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor in a liberal arts field who will also serve as the Academic Director of Online Bachelor of Arts programs. The programs consist of an established program in Communication and Media and a new Liberal Studies program, which was recently approved by the State. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to recruiting and managing faculty; class scheduling, including coordinating course offerings with other programs; teaching courses; advising students; curriculum development and outcomes assessment of General Education and major courses; scholarship, and service to the School and the University.
Ph.D. degree in an appropriate field, with a demonstrated commitment to undergraduate education and experience with online teaching and learning in higher education.
The preferred candidate should have the following:
• Experience in academic departmental administration
• Experience in curriculum development and assessment
• Ability to create relationships that foster employment and graduate school placement opportunities for students
• Commitment to advancing the success of an online learning environment
• A record of successful grant writing, acquisition, and implementation
• Significant record of publication, intellectual scholarship, research, and professional contributions to his/her discipline
• Significant experience in teaching, advising, and mentoring
• Commitment to the promotion of the scholarship of teaching and the recruitment and development of
a diverse faculty
• Experience in faculty development and evaluation models
• Excellent leadership, communication, team, and interpersonal skills
• Excellent administrative abilities
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title.
Candidates should provide a letter of interest, CV/resume, as well as (3) references.
December 4, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.