Military Historian Consultants
|Location:||Maryland, United States|
Attention Veterans and Former Active Military Officers
Military Historian Consultants – Rockville, Maryland
History Associates is actively searching for consultants with PhDs in Military History to potentially research and write books, articles, and essays under contract to U.S. military organizations. These positions are ideal for honorably discharged veterans and former active duty military officers. Positions are based on individual task orders of varying duration, and are not permanent.
HAI is a professional historical services firm providing customized historical, archival, and records management services to industry, the professions, government, and non-profit organizations for over thirty years.
The Military Historian Consultants will be capable of completing the following tasks:
• Conduct primary, secondary, and photographic research at archives, libraries, and other repositories designated by the Government, not only in the Washington, DC area but also throughout the U.S.
• Research and write books, essays, studies, or monographs on specified topics or subjects related to the histories of U.S. military units and organizations.
• Prepare for and conduct both career and subject-focused oral histories for use as source material in historical writing projects.
• Assist in the editing, design, and publication process of any historical works produced under contract task orders.
PhD in Military History, or American History with specialization in military studies.
• Ability to pass a National agency background check, complete Operational Security and Anti-Terrorism training, and meet all requirements for accessing and working onsite at U.S. military facilities.
• Must have a publication record with one or more works in military history from a reputable academic or popular press.
• Demonstrated practical knowledge of archival research and oral history best practices.
• Ability to work independently and to exercise discretion, initiative, and judgment.
• Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others.
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
• Occasional travel to military installations both inside and outside the U.S.
• Prior military service.
• Understanding of military security requirements and procedures for contractor personnel.
• An existing security clearance a plus.
Consultants are not eligible for benefits offered by History Associates including paid time off
|Primary Category:||Military History