|Location:||Virginia, United States|
~~Processing Archivists – Alexandria VA
History Associates is actively recruiting for archivists to join a dynamic team working on a processing project located in Alexandria, VA. Positions are full-time and work is expected to begin early October and last up to 18 months.
The Archivist will accomplish the following:
• Conduct surveys across a variety of historic collections of various sizes and subjects;
• Create processing plans in accordance with established professional standards;
• Conduct processing activities including arrangement, rehousing, weeding, and implementation of preservation actions;
• Create archival finding aids in accordance with DACs standards;
• Assist in the transfer of audio-visual and digital media to sustainable formats;
• Participate in internal and client facing meetings.
Master’s degree in library science, history, or related discipline with a concentration in archival studies or archival courses, seminars, internships, or practica.
• Ability to pass a National Agency Check.
• Minimum of one year experience surveying, processing and describing archival records
• Demonstrated practical knowledge of archival policies and procedures
• Ability to work independently and to exercise discretion, initiative, and judgment
• Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills
• Experience in processing digital content, including the transfer of material from legacy media.
POSITION OPENED UNTIL FILLED
Send cover letter, resume, sample catalog record, transcripts, and names and phone numbers/email addresses of three references to:
History Associates Incorporated
ATTN: Doris Miles, Director of Personnel
300 N. Stonestreet Avenue
Rockville, MD 20850
Packages not containing all information requested will not be considered for this position.
History Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Primary Category:||Library and Information Science