Northwestern University, African American Studies
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Illinois, United States|
The Department of African American Studies in the Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences at NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY invites applications for a two-year Postdoctoral Fellowship. PhD must be completed by September 1, 2018. Recent Ph.D.s (degree granted during or after 2016) with a commitment to the field of African American and/or African Diaspora studies, especially in the area of expressive arts and culture, are encouraged to apply.
This two year fellowship is residential and provides a competitive stipend and benefits, a visiting appointment in the Department of African American Studies (including teaching two classes in the Department), and participation in the intellectual life of the Department and University.
Applicants should submit electronically via this link http://www.afam.northwestern.edu/ by December 15, 2017:
1) a current curriculum vitae,
2) a letter of application detailing the research project to be undertaken during the fellowship years,
3) a sample of scholarly writing,
4) evidence relating to the quality of teaching (syllabi and teaching evaluations),
5) three letters of recommendation (including one letter from the dissertation advisor) to: Post Doctoral Search Committee Chair
All inquiries should be addressed to Lilly Chang at 847-491-5123 or firstname.lastname@example.org. AA/EOE. Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
|Primary Category:||African American History / Studies