Dean, College of Sciences and Arts
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Michigan, United States|
Michigan Technological University invites applications and nominations for the position of Dean of the College of Sciences and Arts (CSA). The dean is the CSA’s chief academic and administrative officer. The dean reports directly to the provost and works with other administrators (vice presidents, deans, directors, and department chairs), as well as faculty, staff, and students, to promote excellence in research, teaching, and service. The dean is responsible for fostering successful collaborations among personnel within the CSA, other areas of the University, and external constituencies.
Michigan Tech is home to more than 7,000 students from 60 countries around the world. The CSA comprises 10 academic departments, the Army and Air Force ROTC units, 1,551 students, 159 tenured or tenure-track faculty, and 72 staff. Through 30 different majors, 33 concentrations, 36 minors, and a significant responsibility for foundational learning and general education across the campus, the CSA contributes substantially to the education of every Michigan Tech student.
To receive full consideration, candidates must demonstrate:
- Achievements that warrant tenure in one of the CSA departments
- A record of leadership as a department chair, associate dean, dean, or in a similar appointment in an academic or research-oriented organization
- A record of developing and/or maintaining a diverse, inclusive, welcoming, and equitable environment
- Fiscal responsibility and the ability to manage budgets
- Leadership in promoting both undergraduate and graduate education
- Leadership in promoting externally funded scholarly activities
- Excellent interpersonal, oral/written communication skills, and presentation skills
Application review will begin on November 1.
Candidates who are selected for on-campus interviews will be offered the opportunity to bring a guest with them for their visit.
Founded in 1885, Michigan Tech is a leading public research institution. With more than $72 million in total research expenditures and 19 research centers and institutes, the University fosters a world-class and diverse faculty, staff, and student population. Our beautiful campus in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula overlooks the Keweenaw Waterway and is just a few miles from Lake Superior.
For more information about this position, including application information, please visit mtu.edu/dean-CSA.
Michigan Technological University is an equal opportunity educational institution/equal opportunity employer, which includes providing equal opportunity for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Dr. Jared Anderson