Head of Department "Communism and Society"
The Centre for Contemporary History Potsdam (Zentrum für Zeithistorische Forschung Potsdam - ZZF) invites applications for the position
Head of Department “Communism and Society”
(Leiter/in der Forschungsabteilung "Kommunismus und Gesellschaft")
to be appointed as soon as possible.
The position is full-time and permanent; salary corresponds to the German tariff group TV-L E15.
The successful candidate will be required to
- co-direct the research department "Communism and Society",
- conduct own research projects,
- develop and supervise projects funded by third-party grants,
- present research fields in academic and public settings,
- participate in the ZZF’s institutional management and support the directors in administration and research planning.
Qualifications and Experience
- Above-average doctoral degree in contemporary history
- Habilitation or equivalent publications and qualifications desired
- Research emphasis on the history of communism including relevant publications
- International reputation
- Experience in research management and fund raising
- Advanced German language skills
The ZZF is a research institute for German and European contemporary history in the twentieth century with an emphasis post 1945 and a member of the Leibniz Association.
The ZZF aims to increase the number of female employees and thus explicitly encourages the application of women. Applications from equally qualified female candidates will be preferred. Severely challenged individuals with otherwise essentially equal qualification will be preferred.
Please submit the usual application documents including an outline of your ongoing or proposed research topic as well as a concept for the development of the department’s research profile (both outline and concept should not exceed 5 pages altogether). All documents should be sent by e-mail only as a single PDF-document to: firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to:
Zentrum für Zeithistorische Forschung Potsdam
Verwaltungsleiterin Frau Ursula Schulz
Am Neuen Markt 1
Applications should have the reference WM 1-2017 and must be submitted by October 15, 2017.
Questions may be addressed to Dr. Jens Gieseke (email@example.com, Tel. +49 331 74510124).
|Primary Category:||Contemporary History