McGill University, Jewish Studies
Flegg Postdoctoral Fellowship
|Institution Type:||College / University|
Simon and Ethel Flegg Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
The Department of Jewish Studies, McGill University, invites applications for the Simon and Ethel Flegg Postdoctoral Research Fellowship. The fellowship is for the 2018-2019 academic year and can be renewed once. This year’s competition is focused on Kabbalah – mystical traditions and mystical movements from the thirteenth century to 2000. Scholars working on any aspect of this topic are invited to apply. Fellows will be given consideration for teaching one course in the Fall term and one course in the Winter term, contingent upon availability. Fellows will also deliver a public lecture during the academic year and participate actively in the intellectual life of the department. The successful candidate will receive a stipend of $52,000 CAD (plus benefits), in addition to a research allowance of $8500. Applicants must have received their PhD after June 2014 and have PhD in hand by June 1, 2018.
Applications must include:
1) a one-page statement of interest detailing the proposed research project
2) a full curriculum vitae
3) an official copy of university graduate transcripts (if provided by the university)
4) a copy of the doctoral diploma or a letter from the Department Chair specifying the defense date
5) three letters of recommendation, one of which must speak to competence in teaching
6) a writing sample, not to exceed 20 pages
7) a 500-word statement of teaching interests
All materials should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the postdoc, please contact email@example.com. Electronic letters of recommendation should be sent directly by the referee. All materials must arrive by December 1, 2017.
|Primary Category:||Jewish History / Studies