National Chengchi University, Department of Turkish Language and Culture
Assistant Professor and above, Department Of Turkish Language and Culture
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Position:||Assistant Professor, Associate Professor|
The Department of Turkish Language and Culture at National Chengchi University invites applications for a position of professor, associate professor, or assistant professor.
Appointments are effective from February 1, 2018
1. Qualifications: Ph.D. in Turkish Turkology teaching or related fields. Applicants should be able to offer courses either in Turkish, English or Chinese.
2. Positions: Assistant professor, associate professor, and professor.
3. Specialization Fields:
Turkish-Chinese Interpretation, Cross-cultural studies, Turkish Language Teaching, Turkish Language and Literature, Turkish History and Culture.
Applicants who have strong passion in analytical writing and can take role in the dissertation committee are preferred.
4. Application Documents:
(1) One copy of Ph.D. diploma or certified documents.*
(2) One copy of Master's and Ph.D. transcript.* (Applicants who have already possessed teaching certifications are NOT required to attach this document.)
(3) Teaching certification. ( Applicants who have not possessed teaching certifications are NOT required to attach this document; as for applicants who possess teaching certifications, we need at least one copy of your reviewed publication that was published within the last five years.)
(4) CV (in detail)
(5) One copy of Ph.D thesis and selected publications that were published within the last five years.
(6) Please state the courses you would like to offer and a sample syllabus.
*(1) (2) The assessment and recognition of foreign academic credentials and related certifications should be verified by Taipei Representative Office in the country.
*All of the application documents above could be sent through e-mails. Each document file should be clearly named.
5. Mailing address:
Department of Turkish Language and Culture,
National Chengchi University,
No.64, Sec.2, Zhinan Rd.,Wenshan Dist., Taipei City 11605, Taiwan
Ms. Wen-Ling Kao
Tel: 886-2-2939 3091 ext. 62312
Fax: 886-2-2939 0434
All application materials should be postmarked no later than September 20 (Wednesday), 2017, 24:00（GMT+8）
Applicants who pass the document review (October 3, Tuesday) will be informed by email about the interview.
7. Second Phase Interview:
(1) Thesis or dissertation expression (20 minutes)
(2) Teaching demonstration in Turkish Listening and Oral Training (4)- Advanced Practice and Oral Interpretation/ Turkish Grammar and Written Translation (20 minutes); course contents are customized.
(3) Date: October 21 (Saturday) 9 AM to 4:30 PM.
Applicants who cannot attend the Second Phase Interview please do not apply for this position.
For further information, please contact 886-2-2939 3091 ext. 62312 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Secondary Categories:||Diplomacy and International Relations
Middle East History / Studies