Experimental Learning and Study Abroad Program Manager
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||New York, United States|
BOROUGH OF MANHATTAN COMMUNITY COLLEGE/CUNY
JOIN THE PREMIER URBAN COMMUNITY COLLEGE IN THE NATION
Please see our Website for a detailed description: www.bmcc.cuny.edu/jobs
Experiential Learning and Study Abroad Program Manager – Job ID #17108
Reporting to Director of Internships and Experiential Learning, the successful candidate provides advisement and support related to the college's global and experiential education abroad functions Duties include the following:
- Providing the Office of Academic Affairs and academic departments with research to support the college's strategic priority of expanding experiential learning opportunities and globalizing its curricula.
- Advising students on experiential learning abroad and opportunities offered by BMCC.
- Advising students on study abroad policies, applications to CUNY'S SIROCS scholarships and identification of additional study abroad grants and scholarships, understanding of and compliance with all policies and procedures (academic, credit approval, risk management, financial), visa procurement and requirements.
- Working closely with members of the campus community and students to promote experiential education abroad programs and activities in accordance with the College’s strategic plan.
- Working closely with the Office of Research and the Center for Excellence in Teaching Learning, and Scholarship, develops strategies for expanding experiential learning as a critical retention and success strategy.
- Oversees study abroad coordinators and appropriate academic departments in the preparation of publicity materials for study abroad and related activities including the planning of study abroad orientations and re-entry programs.
- Oversees study abroad coordinators and appropriate academic departments in communicating with partner universities and appropriate support areas, in order, for exampleto draft, review and follow-up on financial and educational agreements with partner institutions abroad.
- Maintaining correspondence with faculty, staff and students, and parents and others involved while students are abroad.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Internships and Experiential Learning and Dean of Academic Affairs. Evening/Weekend hours may be needed.
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
- Student-centered approach to the field of international education program development.
- Experience working with faculty on a College campus.
- Ability to plan and oversee budgets.
- Experience with data collection, program evaluation and assessment as well as outcomes reporting.
- Demonstrated experience working with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Prior experience managing study abroad programs.
- Expertise in experiential learning best practices.
- Experience with delivery of information for marketing, recruiting and evaluation through social media, webinars and assessment tools.
- Comprehensive and practical knowledge of intercultural study in a higher education setting.
- Outgoing with strong interpersonal, public speaking, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience working cooperatively in a team as well as the ability to work independently, in an often very busy office environment.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages College academic study abroad and exchange programs.
- Develops, cultivates, organizes and promotes study abroad programs, faculty-student exchange programs, and related activities, working with faculty, Academic Affairs, and other College units
- Negotiates and establishes agreements and procedures with international program partners
- Develops communications such as marketing events, orientation sessions, web pages, and informational materials
- Advises and assists students and faculty participating in study abroad programs
- Represents College in university-wide study abroad forums; applies CUNY rules and regulations regarding exchange programs and agreements as needed
- May seek external funding to support international study programs
- Performs related duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$61,394 - $71,723
CLOSING DATE: August 14, 2017
HOW TO APPLY:
Access CUNYfirst Portal - www.cuny.edu/employment.html
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/AMERICAN DISABILITY ACT EMPLOYER/IRCA VERIFICATION REQUIRED-NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE