Aarhus University, School of Culture and Society
Professorship in the Study of Religion (916487)
|Institution Type:||College / University|
The School of Culture and Society, Aarhus University, invites applications for a permanent position as professor within the Department of the Study of Religion. The position is available from 1 January 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The professorship is offered with a view to attracting a particularly talented person who is expected to play a key role in the continued creation of innovative, internationally recognised research areas at the Department of the Study of Religion with a particular focus on the history of religion. The future professor is expected to contribute to core activities at the School of Culture and Society in general and the Department of the Study of Religion in particular in the following areas: research, education, talent development and knowledge exchange. The professor will also be expected to provide academic leadership relating to research, education and academic development as well as contributing actively to the further development of the department, both nationally and internationally.
In their letter of application applicants are expected to formulate a vision for the contribution of their research to the wider field of the study of religion.
Applicants must be able to document:
• Thorough knowledge of the study of religion, including theoretical and methodological perspectives.
• Thorough knowledge of the general history of religion and comparative religion.
• Thorough knowledge of the history and development of at least one particular religious tradition outside Christianity, Judaism and Islam.
• Academic publications at the highest international level including research innovation in the field of the general history of religion. Please read more under the headline: 'Formalities'.
• Experience of or interest in collaboration and research with other fields within the study of religion as well as with other disciplines.
• Experience of active participation in international research collaboration.
• Experience of research management, including the obtaining and administration of external funding.
• Strong teaching competences and experience of supervising at all levels.
• Commitment to teaching development, supervision of student projects, talent development, research management, and the development of PhD courses.
Application deadline: 2/8/2017
|Primary Category:||Religious Studies and Theology