Texas A&M University-San Antonio, Arts & Humanities
Lecturer, U.S. and Texas History
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Texas, United States|
The Department of Arts and Humanities seeks applications from qualified candidates for one full-time non-tenure track History lecturer position beginning in Fall 2017. Specialization is open; the primary teaching responsibilities will include sections of the U.S. and Texas History survey courses. The teaching load is a 4/4. Summer teaching assignments may be available but are not guaranteed.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- A Master’s degree in History or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in U.S. or Texas History
- A minimum of one year college or university teaching experience.
- Willingness to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Broad training in History and experience teaching U.S. or Texas History survey courses.
- Familiarity with the needs of a non-traditional, first-generation, culturally diverse student body.
- Familiarity with high-impact educational practices such as cooperative education, service learning, and undergraduate research.
- Experience with contemporary instructional technologies such as learning management systems and e-portfolios.
- A Ph.D. degree in History, or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution.
Texas A&M University--San Antonio: A&M-SA is a comprehensive university with over 5,400 students (Fall 2016) enrolled in undergraduate programs and select graduate programs. The university received independent accreditation by SACSCOC in December 2014. A&M-SA began admitting first and second year students in Fall 2016. The successful candidate will join a rapidly growing institution. For more information about A&M-SA, please visit our website at http://www.tamusa.edu/about/index.html.
Application Process: Applications are accepted only through the online job portal at: https://employment.tamusahr.com/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp. Applicants must complete online (1) the application/Faculty Form, and upload (2) the letter of interest, (3) curriculum vita, and (4) unofficial copies of transcripts.
The priority date for applications is June 19, 2017. The position is open until filled.
Finalists (and only finalists) will be required to provide three current, original letters of recommendation to the Search Committee Chair. The letters should be less than one year old and should bear the writer’s actual signature.
Prior to issuing a letter of appointment, official transcripts must be received directly from each degree-granting institution by the Office of the Dean, College of Arts & Sciences, Texas A&M University-San Antonio, One University Way, San Antonio, Texas 78224. We cannot accept transcripts issued directly to the candidate. If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator (e.g., AACRAO; http://www.aacrao.org/credential/index.htm).
The selected candidates must pass a pre-employment background investigation to be hired for this position.
Please direct any questions to Dr. William Bush at email@example.com.
The university is committed to inclusive excellence and invites applications from all qualified applicants. A&M-SA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Dr. William S. Bush
|Primary Category:||American History / Studies