Yonsei University (Underwood International College), Arts, and Social Sciences Field (HASS)
Teaching-Track Professor, Asian Studies
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Korea, Republic of|
|Position:||Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Non-Tenure Track Faculty|
1. Academic Positions
Field: Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences Field (HASS)
Division: Asian Studies Division (ASD)
Specific Major: Asian Studies (AS)
Specific Qualifications: Ph.D.in History or Area Studies / Modern Korean History
Note: Teaching Track (Teach in Songdo, Incheon Metropolitan, South Korea), Accept applications from non Koreancitizens only
Appointment: September 2017
2. General Qualifications
1) Applicants should have at least one year of research or teaching experience after obtaining a Ph.D. or equivalent degree.
2) Applicants must be legally eligible to work at a private university in Korea.
3) Applicants must agree with the general Christian education principles espoused by Yonsei University.
4) Non-Korean citizens only
3. Required Documents
A. Completed online application & Statement of religious affiliations (format provided)
B. Official diploma and transcripts (Bachelor, Master, and Ph.D.)
* Photocopies may be submitted at the time of application; but short-listed candidates for open lecture/interview must submit the official documents at the time of open lecture/interview.
C. The list & the summary of research publication(s) published after August 2013 (format provided)
* For main achievements (up to three), please check "Main Achievement" in the list of research records
D. Zip file containing the list & the summary of research publications file above (in PDF or MS-Word format)
* Publication expected to be published in near future will be acceptable when applicants submit its official acceptance letter
E. Ph.D dissertation (PDF/MS-Word/HWP format)
* Applicants can submit material D & E within a single zip file
F. Two letters of recommendation (From two or more professors(professionals) in the same program or field)
* The applicant's full name, the name of the school/program the applicant is applying must be specified in the letter (signed & sealed by the referees)
G. Curriculum vitae, Cover letter, Teaching Statement and the Evidence of Teaching Excellence
H. Ph.D dissertation abstract (PDF/MS-Word/HWP format)
4. Application Deadline: 2017. 4. 21. (Fri) 5:00 pm
5. How to apply
A. Interested applicants should apply ONLINE at http://uic.yonsei.ac.kr/professorship/application.asp .
B. If you wish to submit application materials by mail, please refer to the following address:
New Millennium Hall 401, Underwood International Collge, Yonsei University, 50 Yonsei-ro, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul 03722, Korea (except lunch time, weekends, holidays)
* Applications may be submitted by mail, but must arrive at the office by 5:00 pm. on April 21.
6. Evaluation Criteria and Process
Stage 1) Suitability for the advertised major: The applicant's suitability for the advertised position will be evaluated
Stage 2) Academic records and overall achievements: The applicant's academic excellence, teaching or research abilities, publication records will be comprehensively evaluated during this process
Stage 3) Open lecture/interview: Short-listed applicants will be invited for an open lecture and interview. Presentation skills, academic potentials and overall qualifications will be evaluated.
1) Candidates invited for an open lecture and interview will be personally contacted by electronic mail in May.
2) The final candidates will be contacted personally by electronic mail in May.
8. Things to Check Before Submitting Your Application:
1) Incomplete applications will not be considered or accepted; once submitted, the application materials will not be returned.
2) Applicants are responsible for any false, deficient or incomplete documents.
3) Please fill out all information on the application form correctly.
; Yonsei University has the right to revoke faculty appointments resulting from deficient information or false documents.
4) Applicants invited for an open lecture/interview must submit the official diplomas and transcripts at the time of open lecture/interview.
9. Additional Information
1) The official appointment will begin in September, 2017 unless otherwise noticed.
2) Non-Christians can apply.
For inquiries, please contact the numbers below:
* Underwood International College: +82-32-749-3801, firstname.lastname@example.org
Yonsei University's Underwood International College is a highly competitive program at South Korea's most prestigious private university. UIC combines the intimate atmosphere and low student-faculty ratio of a liberal arts college with the resources of a major research university. All instruction is in English, and the student body consists of only native and near-native speakers of English drawn from over 42 different countries. (http://uic.yonsei.ac.kr)
- About the Asian Studies (AS) Major at Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences Field
Businesses, governments, international organizations, NGOs, and universities all need people with deep contextual knowledge about Asia. Founded on the humanities and the humanistic social sciences, the Asian Studies major is an interdisciplinary program dedicated to the study of the histories, cultures, and societies of Asia. For some students, the Asian Studies major will provide the intellectual foundations necessary for graduate study. For others, it will serve as a springboard to professional careers boosted by cosmopolitan perspectives on intellectual, literary, and political endeavors, of the past and present. For all students, this major will provide opportunities for deep critical inquiry into political, cultural and social issues that are of vital to Asia and the world.
|Secondary Categories:||Area Studies
Asian History / Studies