Northern Arizona University, History
Lecturer in East Asian History
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Arizona, United States|
Department of History at Northern Arizona University announces the search for a lecturer position in East Asian History. We especially welcome candidates with teaching experience and research interests that align with the department’s areas of focus on trans-regional, gender/sexuality, and global perspectives. The primary responsibility of the successful candidate will be to teach the undergraduate survey sequence in pre-modern East Asian history and modern Asian history, as well as offer specialized courses in the history of at least one East Asian area (China, Japan or Korea). The successful candidate may also teach other courses, including introductory undergraduate surveys in world history, the junior level writing course, and advanced undergraduate seminars within her/his area of expertise.
- Applicants must be A.B.D. in History or a related field with a major emphasis in history
- Ph.D. in History or a related field with a major emphasis in history is preferred.
- Specialization in 19th and 20th century Japan and/or China
- Experience teaching world history
- The successful candidate will have the ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
To apply for this position go to :
Vacancy number 603083
|Primary Category:||Asian History / Studies