Harvard Art Museums, Division of Modern and Contemporary Art
Nam June Paik Research Fellow
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Massachusetts, United States|
The Curatorial Fellowship Program at the Harvard Art Museums is designed to broaden the experience of scholars embarking on professional and academic careers in art history who are considering the museum profession.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The curatorial fellow will be responsible for conducting original research on the Harvard Art Museums Nam June Paik collection with an eye towards producing original, scholarly research on the artist, as well as a multi-year plan for the installation of Paik's work in the Museums’ permanent collection galleries and/or specific public space.
- The Curatorial Fellow assists with a broad range of other curatorial activities, including preparation of interpretive materials, cataloguing of the permanent collection in the Art Museums’ database, and donor cultivation.
- Foregrounding the museum’s teaching and research mission, the Curatorial Fellow helps provide content expertise for the Art Museums’ Art Study Center by supporting classes and individual appointments six hours a week, and contributes to a rich offering of public and academic interpretive programs across various platforms.
- The Fellow may supervise students and temporary employees.
MA in Art History
- PhD preferred
- Curatorial or related experience
- Commitment to fostering the appreciation of works of art in a museum context
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills; ability to work independently as well as collegially
A complete application includes a letter of interest, résumé or curriculum vitae, transcript, English-language writing sample, and three letters of recommendation.
Complete applications will be reviewed beginning on March 1, 2017 until the position is filled.
Please ask references to send letters of recommendation to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (please note that the letters of reference will be verified).
|Primary Category:||Art and Art History