Montana State University - Billings, History
Assistant/Associate Professor of History
|Institution Type:||College / University|
|Location:||Montana, United States|
|Position:||Assistant Professor, Associate Professor|
Montana State University Billings is a comprehensive public four-year higher education institution located in Montana's largest population center, whose faculty is actively engaged in teaching, research, creative endeavors and public service. MSU Billings is unique in that it is one of a select few higher education institutions that also boasts an embedded two-year community college.
The University opened in 1927 and was initially called Eastern Montana State Normal School at Billings and was established to prepare teachers for elementary schools in eastern Montana. MSU Billings has grown, with the city of Billings and Yellowstone County, into the major urban comprehensive higher education center of south central and eastern Montana. The University campus consists of four colleges: the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business, the College of Education and the College of Allied Health Professions. Seven miles west of the University campus sits City College at MSU Billings, which serves the comprehensive two-year mission of the university.
This is a full time, tenure-track faculty appointment with the History Department at Montana State University Billings' College of Arts and Sciences.
This position will have the following responsibilities:
- Teach a variety of courses in Western Civilization, American History, and Early Modern European History.
- Initiate and maintain a program of research and scholarly development consistent with applicant’s area of expertise, departmental guidelines, and CBA requirements for tenure and promotion.
- Student advisement, department and campus committee participation and development/delivery of appropriate online courses.
- The candidate is expected to share the University commitment to outcomes assessment and our strategic initiatives.
- Ph.D. degree or evidence of advanced ABD
- Experience with and capable of teaching beginning through advanced History classes
- Evidence of teaching experience
- Experience in, or strong commitment to developing and teaching courses in Early Modern Europe, African Slave Trade and New World colonialization, Western Civilization and first half of the US survey in the Department of History
- Willingness to develop and teach on-line courses
- Experience in, or strong commitment to, developing and teaching General Education courses in the Department of History
- Commitment to share the University’s commitment to outcomes assessment and our strategic initiatives.
REVIEW DATE: Applications received by January 1, 2017, will be given priority review; however, the position is open until filled.
This is an incomplete vacancy announcement. For a complete vacany announcement and to apply, please visit https://employment.msubillings.edu/postings/2080
APPLY ONLINE: https://employment.msubillings.edu/postings/2080
|Secondary Categories:||American History / Studies
European History / Studies